Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

not sure how to feel

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:56 PM
  • 12 Replies
I'm a single mom. and it seems like my friends stopped coming around as much after I had my daughter. which I miss them. and yes i have my family. but I still need my friends too. I don't have anyone to talk to about stuff. I have a lot of things going on, but yet not 1 friend in sight to lean on. how do I try to start over and make new friends that either have kids or at least have some idea what it's like to have kids. I feel so alone and not know what to do
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PISCIS29
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:21 AM
I'm here. Just pm anytime. Hugs
DragonMother10
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:24 AM
My friends did the same and I am not a single mother. My friend's wife and I are trying to make a friendship, her friends split too when she had her daughter.
oahoah
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:43 AM

You might try looking for a mom's group through Yahoo or even on here. If you go to the library for storytime (which we do sometimes) or other places where kids & mom's hang out, sometimes it's easy to make friends in that way. Even if your baby is too small to play or do much right now, there are usually other moms there for the same reason. It can be lonely so hang in there!

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:59 AM
I second this. Also for me the infant stage was the most difficult friend wise. As kids get older they can be involved in things giving moms more opportunities to connect. But boy was that first year or so lonely!
Hang in there it gets better!

Quoting oahoah:

You might try looking for a mom's group through Yahoo or even on here. If you go to the library for storytime (which we do sometimes) or other places where kids & mom's hang out, sometimes it's easy to make friends in that way. Even if your baby is too small to play or do much right now, there are usually other moms there for the same reason. It can be lonely so hang in there!

liss05
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:19 AM

I third this :)

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

I second this. Also for me the infant stage was the most difficult friend wise. As kids get older they can be involved in things giving moms more opportunities to connect. But boy was that first year or so lonely!

Quoting oahoah:

BeaTx
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:23 AM
I had my first two kids when I was younger, and I'll have to admit I had forgotten how this feels. I'm pregnant with my third child from my second marriage...we have a 2 yo, 1 yo, and this one is due in June. We moved for dh's work and I know nobody here. I'm definitely looking forward to finding a group of some sort for a little adult interaction.
baseballmom5416
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:25 AM

im in the same boat..im a single parent with 2 teenagers..there is alot going on..and i dont have nobody to talk to..

Lionpaw
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Me too!  I cant wait for warmer weather for more outside time for parks,  story    time, etc

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:50 PM

I agree with all of this. Besides my sister in law I really didn't have any friends until my son started playing sports. Now I have a whole other network of friends that I look forward to seeing at practices, games and every so often when we get together just adults. 

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Quoting oahoah:

MJP76
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Yup. That happens afte kids.

find new friends that also have children. Single non kid folk don't really care to hang around people with kids, unless it's a girls night..lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)