Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

CAN'T BELIEVE SHE DID THIS TO ME *UPDATE *

Posted by   + Show Post
So, my friend calls me tonight and tells me her father has been taken to the hospital.. Of course I drop everything, load up my 7 year old and torush to her house to stay with her 4 children so she can get to the hospital. An hour later, her dad stops by her house on his way to work. After calling around, I find out she is running around town chasing down her loser EX boyfriend. She is ignoring my phone calls, even though I have left her voice mails and texts telling her I know she lied and she needs to get home.
So, now I am sitting here, my DD won't go to sleep, the baby is fussing, and I am so mad my head is going to fly right off my shoulders. God only knows when she will bring her sorry ass home, and then I am going to have to load up my DD in the middle of the night to go home. AND tomorrow morning will be horrible because my daughter will be so tired getting ready for school.
I don't know why she did this, she has never done anything like this before. But I am pissed, and she will be lucky if I ever do a damn thing for her again!

*UPDATE *

She got arrested ( I gave details somewhere in the posts). And she has apologized several times over my voicemail. I haven't spoken to her. She says she lied because she HAD to talk to her ex that night and she knew I wouldn't come stay with her kids just so she could go hunt him down. That should of told her it wasn't a good idea. I know she is in hot water with her dad, and I also know that her ex doesn't want anything to do with her. Why she was so despite to see him I don't know.
It will be along time before I talk to her and even longer before I forgive her. I have never been manipulated like that before, and I am not going to brush it off like its no big deal.
Thanks everyone!
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:36 AM
Replies (31-40):
mommybug77
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:48 PM
I'd call the police.
rgba
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:52 PM
Wow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BuckeyezRule
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Wow! I'm stunned! Why didn't she just say she needed a night out and ask if you'd do her a favor and watch the kids? That's awful!

story0702
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Wow I'd feel the same way
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ColdSilveRain
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:08 AM

She's lucky you didn't call CPS or anything. I had a friend like her once...notice I said Had. Four years later I don't miss the drama. Feel bad for those kids though. They are going to have it rough.

opal10161973
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:14 AM

I wouldn't even be her friend anymore after that.  That would be it for me.  I have NO tolerance for BS like that- at all.

annelauer
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:14 AM

Oh, that's just terrible.  I'm sorry.

atm1979
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:45 AM
How can you lie about a loved one being in the hospital especially to chase an ex....an ex is an ex for a reason
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Eve-marie
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:14 AM

She is not a friend. Some people just cozy up to us for what they can get. She is taking advantage of your kindness. I would get out of this one-sided friendship, she doesn't deserve you.

kbeeck
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:44 AM

I wouldn't blame you if you didn't talk to her again. That's messed up, leaving your kids behind to chase after a loser ex-boyfriend is totally insane. If the guy isn't chasing you, he isn't interested, and chasing after him just shows that your a wack job. Sorry you got suck in the middle but that is totally immature, sounds to me she's not very grown up. It would be hard for me to trust anything she says to me again.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN