Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms
Do you find it appropriate for a mother to kiss our let her 13 yo dd kiss her I the lips? What age should it stop? Dd12 gets a kids on the head from me and dd6 & 7 get the lips but I'm slowly but doing that anymore...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:51 AM
Replies (41-50):
witchybabymomma
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:54 PM

I don't see anything wrong with your children of any age kissing you on the lips

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Meh, my daughter is 9 and she gets kisses on the lips too, sometimes it's the forehead, sometimes the cheek - she'll stop when she stops - she's very affectionate child. I don't want to take that away from her.

Hectictracy
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:20 PM
My dd is 7 and gets kisses from me on the lips, my ds is 10 and he doesn't like kisses on his lips, so he gets kisses on his cheeks. I'm 31 and still kiss my Mom on her lips.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GMom2011
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Sad we live in a world where showing our children affection is frowned upon. We have such issues with nudity and sex, both natural things in life, but no issue with all the violence on tv, video games, movies. Sad.
WesternNYmom
by Alaina on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:11 PM

My kids are 8 and 5 and prefer getting kissed on the forhead, and will only give dh and I kisses on the cheek. That is fine with me. I am happy that my kids still want to show me and my husband affection. I have a feeling I am going to be begging for hugs from them in the near future.

annelauer
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:16 PM
I think it only becomes inappropriate when and if the child becomes uncomfortable with it. I don't think there's anything sexual about it.
Flaca43
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:44 PM
I think it's different for each family. Whatever they feel comfortable with.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cynthje
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:06 PM

I still kiss my parents on the lips! I think it just depends on what you are comfortable with (and the kids). There is no right or wrong i think

meglennox
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:09 PM
I kiss all three of my boys on the mouth and will continue to do so until they don't want me too anymore. They are 5, almost 4, and almost 2.
Diane1223
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:18 PM

I never kissed my parents on the lips, and they never kissed me on the lips...I think it is a little weird...sorry

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)