Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms
Do you find it appropriate for a mother to kiss our let her 13 yo dd kiss her I the lips? What age should it stop? Dd12 gets a kids on the head from me and dd6 & 7 get the lips but I'm slowly but doing that anymore...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:51 AM
Replies (11-20):
graycalico
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:40 AM
My dd stopped wanting kisses on the lips at about 11.5. She decided she was too old, but she still hugs me in front of her friends, so that's nice. Lol
pattya925
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:46 AM

I have always kissed on the cheek or head.  

import1a92
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:04 AM
I still give my mom kisses on the lips. I believe I stopped kissing my dad on the lips around when I was 11-12 ahortly after my last puberty growth. Instead I hug him tightly and give hima kiss on the cheek. He understood why.

DD4 gives us all kisses on the lips. She doesn't kiss any little boys, strangers or my friends. If she does, it's on the cheek.

The only one I question is my FIL. DD will give him smooches, but won't give my father smooches on the lips. She will shy away and only give my dad a peck on the cheek or she will only let him kiss her forehead. It's weird to me because my FIL is a very shy and reserved type of person and my dad is outgoing and very loving. I just don't get it, other than she doesn't get to see my dad as offten as she sees my FIL.

I say let them say when they don't want to be kissed on the lips anymore by you and like another mom said, cherish those kisses until that day comes!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ruby_jewel_04
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:09 AM
2 moms liked this
I still kiss my mom on the lips. It's just a parent and child showing love to one another. I don't know why that'd be wrong or inappropriate at any age. I kiss all of my kids on the lips too...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:20 AM

I've always given kisses on the head or cheek.

That's how it was for me while growing up, we didn't kiss on the lips. I don't think there is anything sexual about it, I just didn't do it.

motha2daDuchess
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:26 AM
i still kiss my parents, like a pp stated, im not making out, when my kids decide to stop I will, but I hope it never does
MomofHDFandNWF
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:39 AM

I have already started teaching my 7 yo dd not to kiss on the lips, as she is a very friendly girl and is often showing affection to most anyone she knows - now, granted a lot of what she does is give hugs.... But, she does try to kiss on the lips often, and I have had people tell me they were shocked when she did so.  I try to teach her the "hug and kiss" concept, meaning when you give some one a hug sorta blow a kiss in their ear.  I tell her it is more for health reasons - so if she is coming down with a cold, she doens't make others sick and vice versa.  I primarily kiss her on her forehead.  My 2 yo still lip kisses, but in time I will teach him the same thing.

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:56 AM
I kiss Kyle either on the lips or the cheek. I really don't know when I'll stop kissing him on the lips, probably when he tells me to stop. LOL He'll be 6 next month.
12yrmama
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:01 AM

I don't think you should another family's comfort level. I only kiss my son, 13, on lips sometimes. Like at bed or if he's had a bad morning. I kinda make it funny; I grab his face in my hands and tell him how awesome he is. Plant a kiss and him to to go conquer the world.

My mom kisses me on the lips and I'm 32! She's my mom. Its a one second peck; interestingly, she's not a hugger so its all I get. I'm trying to maintain the cuddly mom image for my kids as long as they let /want.

AleaKat
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:02 AM
I'm 25 and I still kiss my family on the lips... Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)