Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms
Do you find it appropriate for a mother to kiss our let her 13 yo dd kiss her I the lips? What age should it stop? Dd12 gets a kids on the head from me and dd6 & 7 get the lips but I'm slowly but doing that anymore...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:51 AM
Replies (21-30):
Raeann11
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:17 AM

This is personally for everyone. My Mom and Dad never gave us kiss at all.  My birth mother still gives us all a kiss on the lip. We think nothing of it. We have always had her do this. Here we do the same thing and we will till either they don't want to anymore or we decide to stop.

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:52 AM

I'm not sure.  My dd just turned 6 and I always kiss her on the cheek, but she usually wants to kiss me on the lips.

belindah
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:17 AM

I have never kissed my kids on the lips i always kiss them on their cheeks or forehead

MsCryStyle
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:21 AM
I think it should stop when they start school/daycare. I feel like they don't know who its ok to kiss on the lips and who its not ok to kiss. JMO.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
breebree04
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this

My kids are 8dd and 10ds, they still kiss me on the lips. I dont see it ever changing. I am 31 and still kiss my mom and grandparents on the lips. I have always told them that they should not kiss other family members/friends on the lips. They kiss me, their dad, and their grandparents on the lips and thats it. Everyone else gets a kiss on the cheek or just a hug.

conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:54 PM
I have teenage sons (18 & 16) and they still kiss me on the lips ocassionaly. But most times they just want hugs. I let them lead... whatever they are comfortable with. It's a peck, not a romantic kiss
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
G2Mama
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:07 PM

They will let you know when it is time to start the cheek smooches!  Then it will move to "mom, not in public!"  lol!  They grow up so fast.

Quoting hollydaze1974:

When my son starts getting uncomfortable with bedtimes smooches, I'll quit... Shouldn't be long now, so I'll savor every one of them I get.

Don't squat with your spurs on!

Melissacowgirl

JessLin79
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:24 PM
I still kiss my 7 yr old DD on the lips. If I kiss her on the forehead or cheek, she thinks I didn't give her a real kiss. I will stop when she out grows it. It doesn't bother us or make us uncomfortable, so who cares what anyone else thinks?
virgochild79
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:31 PM

If I choose to, I will kiss MY kids on the lips until the day I die. What's so bad about kissing your kids on the lips?

hollydaze1974
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:48 PM
I KNOW they really do. :-/

Quoting G2Mama:

They will let you know when it is time to start the cheek smooches!  Then it will move to "mom, not in public!"  lol!  They grow up so fast.

Quoting hollydaze1974:

When my son starts getting uncomfortable with bedtimes smooches, I'll quit... Shouldn't be long now, so I'll savor every one of them I get.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)