Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you find it appropriate for a mother to kiss our let her 13 yo dd kiss her I the lips? What age should it stop? Dd12 gets a kids on the head from me and dd6 & 7 get the lips but I'm slowly but doing that anymore...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:51 AM
Replies (31-40):
mushmom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:57 PM

This...exactly.  My 5 yr old loves giving her mama kisses.  I'd never take that away from her.  If chooses to stop, that's another story. 

Quoting SallyB_LMT:

I kiss all my kids on the lips, I am 32 and I kiss my mom on the lips and my grandpa...it's a family thing.  I kissed my great grandparents, grandparents, parents, and now my own kids...on the lips...and I plan to continue.

I am not making out with them...it's just a little peck goodnight or goodbye.

girlfriendcj70
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:54 PM

I have 4 dds and  I kiss them on the lips.I also kiss my mom on the lips.

Pukalani79
by Kris on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:18 PM

I dont know when we switched to top of the head or cheek kisses...just happened I guess

story0702
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:46 PM
1 mom liked this
This is how we are too!!!! Squeeze 'em tight give a kiss and send em off to conquer the day.
My mom still kisses me on the lips too and gives me a huge hug.... I know someday she will be gone and miss that so much!

Quoting 12yrmama:

I don't think you should another family's comfort level. I only kiss my son, 13, on lips sometimes. Like at bed or if he's had a bad morning. I kinda make it funny; I grab his face in my hands and tell him how awesome he is. Plant a kiss and him to to go conquer the world.

My mom kisses me on the lips and I'm 32! She's my mom. Its a one second peck; interestingly, she's not a hugger so its all I get. I'm trying to maintain the cuddly mom image for my kids as long as they let /want.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
liss05
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:30 AM

This

Quoting TableforSeven:

I never kissed my kids on the lips at any age. They have always gotten kisses on the cheek or top of the head.

kbeeck
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:37 AM

I guess whatever your comfortable with. If I'm understanding the question right it says that someone elses mother kissed your daughter on the lips. That is wierd. Maybe I read it wrong. But I think kissing your kids on the lips is whatever makes you and the child comfortable. I guess if your getting uncomfortable about it you could always turn your head so they get your cheek. My son is turning four I kiss him on the lips and vise vera. But I know their will come a time when he wants me to drop him off two blocks from the movie theare to meet his friends and that's when my heart is going to sink.  

liliem
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:23 AM

My 12 y/o doesn't like to kiss me on the lips anymore. I'm a little hurt. I kiss my little one on the lips as I did my son his whole life. His dad told him not to kiss me on the lips that its disgusting. I tore him a new one for that. For one, he doesn't' help much financially and he doesn't see him regularly to parent him. Then I had to undo the damage with my boy. I'm wondering if that is why he's being like that now. Also, I refrain when anyone of us is sick.

buzymom93
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:10 PM

I am 40yrs old and still kiss my mamma on the lips.. there is nothing wrong with that.. jmo

amyjean2001
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I am 36 and I still kiss my mom on the lips when I see her, I have even kissed my mother in law on the lips a couple of times :) never even thought twice about it.

mamaslilpunkin
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:23 PM

I don't see a problem with it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)