Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

she lets her kid be the smelly one

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:50 PM
  • 35 Replies
My DD school had Family Reading tonight, and there was a boy there with very noticeable body oder. He also looked dirty. I over heard his mom talking to someone else(yeah, I was ease dropping) and this boys mother said her son doesn't like to take baths, and she doesn't force him. When the other mom asked the boy how long since he bathed he said 6 days! Gross!
This kid was maybe a 3rd grader...
Am I the only one who finds this totally wrong?
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JoGibson
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:54 PM

No, that is neglect.  She could at least encourage him to wash up at the sink.

conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:13 PM
When I was a kid, we only bathed once a week. I was raised by my grandparents who were very frugal (from growing up during depression). Unless we had soccer practice or something then we showered. ... otherwise it was sat nights.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommybug77
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:16 PM
I don't see a huge issue with it.
12yrmama
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:25 PM
1 mom liked this

She's probably picking her battles. Or waiting for it to be his decision.

I couldn't handle waiting for my kid to get teased into doing something, especially hygien. But I don't think its neglect.

Raeann11
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:26 PM

I don't tell others what to do. What works for some don't for others. I remember only taking a bath once a week when we were younger.

kngarber
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:28 PM
That's gross. We are the parents for a reason. Yeah, choose your battles, but hygiene is a battle I will not let go to the side.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Hectictracy
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:32 PM
I would say it's her business.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wifeynmommie80
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:49 PM

OMG thats just nasty, I can't imagine my child going more than 2 days with no bathe.  I mean even if he doesn't take a bath, he should still just wash up in the sink or something.  

Lucky1123
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:03 PM

She may have decided that once he gets picked on for it (social conditioning, I guess you could say) he will be more apt to take his hygiene seriously.

mamaslilpunkin
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:22 PM

She is not doing her son any favors by not making him take showers.When I tell dd its time to shower,I don't care if she doesn't like it.What mama says goes,no if's, and's or but's!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)