Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

What is everyone making? I want to use my mini smoker but I'm not sure what I should make.

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:12 AM
Replies (21-30):
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:34 AM
We're going to DH's parents house so I don't know what we're having yet.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
beans13
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:40 AM
Apparently my family us not doing Easter this year???? Dh will be working so it will just be dd and I so whatever I decide to make.
natural_s
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:57 PM

I'm such a last minute person when it comes to cooking for Holidays that I have no idea yet what I want to make. I wish I lived near some of you guys so I could just invite myself over for dinner, lol.

Sounds like some good meals going on here.

HockeyDanceMom
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:47 PM

We are going to the parents' house for dinner this year so I'm not sure what we are having but it's usually roasted chicken or ham.

Wife to Jason (07/10/98), Mommy to Michael James (03/21/00), Madalyn Rose (02/27/03), Emily Grace (01/07/05), Daniel Joseph (01/04/06) & Christopher Thomas (03/21/11).

NEMommaOf3
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Crown roast, asparagus, stuffed carrots, new peas with pearl onions from our greenhouse, homemade sourdough rolls, lemon Jell-O Magic Mousse squares and key lime pie

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:00 AM
My mom makes ham
Eyez79
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:03 AM
How do you make the prime rib? Do you have the au jus sauce too? Sounds yummy

Quoting TroyboysMom:

Prime rib, mashed potatoes, broccoli, green beans, homemade rolls, and apple crumble.

OliviaW.
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:06 AM
Cheesy scalloped potatoes with ham and green beans plus biscuits.
TroyboysMom
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Mount it in a roasting pan, kosher salt and black pepper, smashed garlic, and extra virgin olive oil (more pepper if you like a rich pepper crust. We do. You can jab it with a knife and shove garlic in the slits if you want, or use fresh rosemary, both are delicious. Onions in the bottom of the roasting pan (or under the roast on the rack.). Oven at 500, 8 m. per pound, then drop it down to 350, and roast until the thermometer says 145 (or 155 if you're a fan of more well-done meat). Take it out and let it rest before carving. You can use the juices in the bottom of the pan and clarify with cheesecloth for au jus, and if you use the onion, it makes a really good au jus with lots of flavor. We add a touch to mashed potatoes, or drizzle over steamed carrots.

ooCherryo0
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:30 AM

Hmmmm smoked turkey breast sounds good. I'll have to see if I can find a good recipe. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)