Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tubes Tied After C-section??

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:44 PM
  • 7 Replies

Has anyone had multiple c-sections and then had their tubes tied after the last one?  Is the recovery any different? I will be doing this in October and one of the ladies my DH works with had a c-section (with twins) and then her tubes times and said that the recovery was awful.  BUT, it was also her first c-section.  Well, my first c-section recovery wasn't so great either.  But my second was a breeze.  So, I'm just wondering if this would be any different because I'm getting my tubes tied or if it'll just be the same.

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
unsuspected
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:48 PM

I've had 3 c sections.  My first was an emergency.  My second was with twins. And my third I had my tubes tied during the delivery.  

My recovery after the twins was the worst.  So that might be the cause for your friend's bad experience NOT just having her tubes tied.

The recovery after having my tubes tied was the same as the others with the added bonus of a searing, burning, itching pain deep inside, I'm assuming where the tubes were cauterised.  But it only lasted a few days.

jackiewal10
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Oi!!  THAT sounds just LOVELY!!  LOL  Good things to look forward to, huh??  

Quoting unsuspected:

I've had 3 c sections.  My first was an emergency.  My second was with twins. And my third I had my tubes tied during the delivery.  

My recovery after the twins was the worst.  So that might be the cause for your friend's bad experience NOT just having her tubes tied.

The recovery after having my tubes tied was the same as the others with the added bonus of a searing, burning, itching pain deep inside, I'm assuming where the tubes were cauterised.  But it only lasted a few days.

Pukalani79
by Ivy on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I had mine ties but not after a C-Section.  Here's a bump for you though

unsuspected
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:58 PM

I really wasn't as bad as it sounds, I just want to be totally honest. I was more focused on the incision pain and trying to stand upright etc. all the normal c-section fun.  Then every once in awhile a sting of "Oh yeah, I had my tubes tied."  and that feeling of any recovering burn would be there, only deep inside my abdomen.  By the time I was back upright and able to be be normal, that pain was gone as well.

Quoting jackiewal10:

Quoting unsuspected:

“He’s not perfect. You aren’t either, and the two of you will never be perfect. But if he can make you laugh at least once, causes you to think twice, and if he admits to being human and making mistakes, hold onto him and give him the most you can. He isn’t going to quote poetry, he’s not thinking about you every moment, but he will give you a part of him that he knows you could break. Don’t hurt him, don’t change him, and don’t expect for more than he can give. Don’t analyze. Smile when he makes you happy, yell when he makes you mad, and miss him when he’s not there. Love hard when there is love to be had. Because perfect guys don’t exist, but there’s always one guy that is perfect for you.” ~Bob Marley
jackiewal10
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Oh good!  :)  See, I never had the standing upright issues.  I just always could.  With my second DS, I didn't even take pain meds once we left the hospital.  So, I handle it pretty well.

Quoting unsuspected:

I really wasn't as bad as it sounds, I just want to be totally honest. I was more focused on the incision pain and trying to stand upright etc. all the normal c-section fun.  Then every once in awhile a sting of "Oh yeah, I had my tubes tied."  and that feeling of any recovering burn would be there, only deep inside my abdomen.  By the time I was back upright and able to be be normal, that pain was gone as well.

Quoting jackiewal10:

Quoting unsuspected:

jackiewal10
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 5:49 PM

I forgot to come back to this the other day. 

BUMP

JBirk
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this
I had my tubes tied after my 5th c-section & the recovery was no different for me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)