Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What activities/sports do your kiddos do??

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:56 PM
  • 67 Replies

My dd 13 is a figure skater(for the past three years) and Girl Scout(for the past eight years). DS 10 is a Boy Scout(for the past two years). At this point I think that is plenty for us. Skating is such a time consuming thing. She has lessons/practice at least three days a week. And each attend weekly scout meetings. Is it easy for you to fit in activities/sports?

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anotherandree
by Inga on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Does driving me insane count as an activity?  They're great at it and do it all the time!

HeathersRich
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I only have one in sports. My 12 year old has been doing football, basketball and baseball for the past few years. As long as he enjoys it we make it happen. My little one is 2.5. We are thinking dance in September.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bcruick
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:00 PM

OOPS, I forgot to add that one!!! LOL

Quoting anotherandree:

Does driving me insane count as an activity?  They're great at it and do it all the time!

WesternNYmom
by Alaina on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:06 PM
1 mom liked this

DD has been dancing since she was 3. She started with ballet. Last year she tried tap. Decided it wasn't for her. This year she is taking jazz, and broadway. She loves it.  She is 8 going on 9 now. DD also is active in the girls scouts. She is about to complete her last year as a brownie and will be moving up to the Junior level next year.  She is also in her elementary school's chorus.  Both my son and daught play soccer for our town's youth soccer league in the summer, and ds plans to join the cub scouts in the fall.

qkforever
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:09 PM
1 mom liked this

My son is in torment soccer so that is year around daughter is in competitive cheer which is 10 months out of the year.  That is more than enough for us.  Son has practice 2 times a week with weekend soccer games, not every weekend thank goodness.  Daughter has practice 3-4 times a week depending what is going on.  With comps on the weekends that can be anywhere.  We just got back from Florida. 

[IMG]http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu284/BackgroundLove_pickups/Greenskittlessp/hearts/1pinkkimber.png[/IMG]

annelauer
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Our oldest (just turned 7) dances 6 days per week. Our almost-three-year-old dances once per week in the morning. It is rough because it's a year round sport and the studio is a drive. In addition to that, our 7-year-old is in a professional ballet this summer. That makes for an even longer drive and additional practices. Sometimes I feel like my husband and I never see one another. It's all worth it to see how happy it makes them though. Watching the kids on stage brings tears to my eyes every time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bcruick
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:17 PM

My dd 18 did dance on and off since she was little. DD 13 is a Cadette and plans on going all the way to the end. DS tried soccer for one summer and decided it was not for him. He is too much of a nerd, lol!! I believe scouts is very good for kids! Where abouts in Western NY are you? I grew up in Medina.

Quoting WesternNYmom:

DD has been dancing since she was 3. She started with ballet. Last year she tried tap. Decided it wasn't for her. This year she is taking jazz, and broadway. She loves it.  She is 8 going on 9 now. DD also is active in the girls scouts. She is about to complete her last year as a brownie and will be moving up to the Junior level next year.  She is also in her elementary school's chorus.  Both my son and daught play soccer for our town's youth soccer league in the summer, and ds plans to join the cub scouts in the fall.

WesternNYmom
by Alaina on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:21 PM

I currently live on Grand Island. I was born in Niagara Falls, and lived their until age 11.  That is when my family moved to Wilson.

Quoting bcruick:

My dd 18 did dance on and off since she was little. DD 13 is a Cadette and plans on going all the way to the end. DS tried soccer for one summer and decided it was not for him. He is too much of a nerd, lol!! I believe scouts is very good for kids! Where abouts in Western NY are you? I grew up in Medina.

Quoting WesternNYmom:

bcruick
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Our scout troops run when school is in and they have summers off. Skating is August to April. And know what you mean about comps being anywhere. We are heading to Minnesota in little over two weeks for Nationals.

Quoting qkforever:

My son is in torment soccer so that is year around daughter is in competitive cheer which is 10 months out of the year.  That is more than enough for us.  Son has practice 2 times a week with weekend soccer games, not every weekend thank goodness.  Daughter has practice 3-4 times a week depending what is going on.  With comps on the weekends that can be anywhere.  We just got back from Florida. 

SuperPickle
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this

All 3 of my boys do Taekwon Do(my oldest is in his 4th year and going to test for his black belt at the end of the summer, my middle son for 2 years and my youngest just started last Oct) it is 3 days a week and it works well because DH started training about a year after DS did. He now volunteers in the kids' class then does the adult class.

The oldest 2 do Drama club once a week(which I volunteer with too)

They all 3 are doing a Fundamentals of Wrestling course right now too...it is almost over though. (that is 2x a week)

My middle son used to take violin lessons but the teacher left the area for college and we have not been able to find a new teacher we like

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)