Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

processed food *rant*

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:41 AM
  • 3 Replies
Oh i have been trying to change the diet of my family to reduce processed foods. Who would of tought that my biggest obstacle would be my DH? My kiddos barely batted an eye when i started saying no to snack cakes, and go-gurts and soda and boxed mac and cheese. Dh however has done nothing but complain and whine when i turn down his meal ideas involving boxed mac and cheese ramen prepackeged chicken nuggets, and a giant list of other things. Really? He has seen all the same stuff as me he has read the health reports i have found he has benifitted from the change and no longer has high cholestorol and pre-diabetes! Today we were talking about dinner and he says well we can`t have chicken nuggets. And i asked why? And he says it`s processed.....WHAT?!? Chicken nuggets are chunks of chicken rolled in breading and fried or baked.....we have chicken we have eggs we have flour and bread crumbs...we can make nuggets! Gah!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Devious103102
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:06 PM

lol!  Men are sometimes the biggest babies. I don't mind some processing in my foods, though. 

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol men just don't get it sometimes. You can make pretty much everything you can buy processed!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
occumommy
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:17 PM

I don`t mind a little processed food, it was previously all we ate. And it was having serious negative impact on our health. I still buy condements, and some sauces. And stuff like that but i now bake a lot more, and make homemade food more. It`s made a huge differance.

Quoting Devious103102:

lol!  Men are sometimes the biggest babies. I don't mind some processing in my foods, though. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)