Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

daughter getting to heavy...

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:48 PM
  • 7 Replies

hello i'm a single mom with a 21 month old and she still sleeps in a crib. my problem is it's getting hard for me to lift her out of her crib.  my aunt has offered me a day bed for my dd but i live in michigan and we still have tons of snow and i don't want my aunt to bring the bed over while there's still snow on the ground.  i have always told dd that if she wants out of her crib she needs to stand up so i can lift her.  but sometimes she cries after i put her to bed and i go to get her but shes to sleepy to stand up.  i'm not sure how much she weights right now but i think it's probably close to 30 lbs.  because she weighted 25 lbs at the WIC office like 3 weeks ago.  i don't feed her a lot of junk food so i don't think she has gained 5 lbs in 3 weeks but not sure. my question is how should i handle getting her out of her crib? because i'm techinally not supposta lift more then 15 lbs according to the physical theripist i saw a few years ago.  and i also have a curved backbone so lately lifting my dd has been hurting my back.  does anyone think i should maybe go back to physical theripy to re learn some things i can do to strangthen my back?  any advice will help.

by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mamalusbear
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:49 PM

The crib isn't convertible, is it?  Maybe a toddler bed?

biomom1437
by Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:56 PM

ya the crib is convertable but in the direction it say in bold letter WE DO NOT RECOMAND CONVERTING THE BED  don't know why but if the company that makes the bed doesn't reccomend it maybe there is a reason for that.  but the bed my aunt is going to give me is a convertable crib and she said the direction for that crib didn't say anything like that so kind of hoping the snow will melt so i can arrange for my aunt to get me the bed she has

KRIZZ25
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I WOULD TAKE BED DOWN ..PUT MATTRESS ON FLOOR ..GET U A BABY GATE FOR THE DOOR WAY TO KEEP HER IN.
biomom1437
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this

that's a good idea.  i might try that.  thanks

Quoting KRIZZ25:

I WOULD TAKE BED DOWN ..PUT MATTRESS ON FLOOR ..GET U A BABY GATE FOR THE DOOR WAY TO KEEP HER IN.

conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:03 AM
That is exactly what I would do

Quoting KRIZZ25:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diaperstodating
by Angel on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:05 AM
I think that's a good idea to.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
oliver92
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:27 AM

That's a great idea, then no more lifting and stretching to lift her out of the crib.  and when you have the new bed, old one will be gone and out of the way. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)