Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Who here is tired of all the dangerous chemicals in their household products?

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:56 PM
  • 18 Replies

Anyone here interested in transforming their homes into safe chemical free homes for their children and pets?

by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OliviaW.
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:57 PM
I mostly use vinegar and water.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JeremysMom
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:06 PM
4 moms liked this
Why do I have a feeling you are trying to sell something?
nodramamama311
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:31 PM

I'll tell ya honestly, and please excuse my poor typing, but I hear ya and at the same time Im just like "EH". I KNOW there are many mnay  bad things in everyday household item we might use, but , there are also bad things in stuff we eat. You really cannot get COMPLETELY away from any of it. Sure, you can buy all organic ( although I dont know who can afford that ), buy ALL NATURAL products to clean with and such but can you really get away from ALL bad things, NO.

Now, I will say that I totally get trying to at least minimize the dangers or lessen them the best you can but I really think that sometimes people get too crazy about it. I put myself in that category very much. I make posts about my kids being around cigarette smoke and such but yet everytime we breathe we are breathing in harmful toxins. You cant ever get away from it completely. Of course I will not ever drop  my stance on that issue but you get my point. Sometimes I really wonder how healthy we would be if all harmful chemicals/substances were eliminated from our daily lives, I mean man made chemicals/substances. Maybe its a stupid question to think of but I do wonder.

occumommy
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:50 PM
I did years ago. I use baking soda, vinegar, and dawn dish soap, and there is nothing you can do to get me away from dawn. Food has tons of nasty chemicals, and i make most my food from scratch to reduce our exposure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jackiewal10
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:52 PM

I got tired of it YEARS ago.  I only use vinegar and water to clean now.  Occasionally, I will also use baking soda or TTO or lavender oil along with the vinegar. 

Raeann11
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 5:49 PM

I use vinegar and water mostly at home. We do things a much natural as we can here.

MJP76
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 7:56 PM

I mostly use Get Clean products. 

Except my OCD makes me use bleach In The bathrooms.

Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Yes. I need to get started by using water & vinegar in my kitchen. What would you suggest to use in the bathroom? I currently use Clorox wipes on the toilet, sink & around the toilet on the floor. Germs kind of scare me but chemicals do too.

OliviaW.
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Borax powder works too. Even vinegar, water, bakibg soda, lemon juice all work as cleaners.

Quoting Tckosdk.2012:

Yes. I need to get started by using water & vinegar in my kitchen. What would you suggest to use in the bathroom? I currently use Clorox wipes on the toilet, sink & around the toilet on the floor. Germs kind of scare me but chemicals do too.

Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Quoting OliviaW.:

Borax powder works too. Even vinegar, water, bakibg soda, lemon juice all work as cleaners.

Quoting Tckosdk.2012:

What is Borax powder & where could I find that?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)