Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Almost like twins

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:28 AM
  • 53 Replies
Does anyone else have kids less than a year apart mine are 11 months apart and some days it feels like I'm raising twins ugh !!!!! Just wondering if anyone else has kids this close
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dabberdoo
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:42 AM
7 moms liked this
I have twins. I promise, its not the same.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by Judy on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:48 AM
2 moms liked this

My sons are EXACTLY a year apart in age....they share a birthday - Aug 21, 2002 and Aug 21, 2003.  It is fun to mess with people's heads when they ask if my boys are twins and I can honestly reply "no, but they do share a birthday"!

belindah
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:46 AM

I have 18 months apart and nine months apart.  Mom in some areas it gets easier in some areas it gets harder have fun lol

AuntieMom101
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Our 14 yr old girls are only 3 hours apart they were born at different hospitals and in different towns (same state) they are step sisters :)
Any idea how many people they have freaked out with that little bit of trivia? Lol.
My DS1 is only 15 months older than the girls. In some ways and at times I felt like we had triplets lol.
VarelaClan
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:09 AM
Not me. My mom had my brother and sister 11 months apart. I've heard it's more difficult than twins because they are at different stages. I don't know from experience though. My kids are 2 1/2, 4, and 3 years apart.
Firewoman33
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:27 PM

ha ha ha That would definitely mess with me. It just seems so unlikely. 

Quoting TableforSeven:

My sons are EXACTLY a year apart in age....they share a birthday - Aug 21, 2002 and Aug 21, 2003.  It is fun to mess with people's heads when they ask if my boys are twins and I can honestly reply "no, but they do share a birthday"!

Firewoman33
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Less then 1 yr apart, isn't that called Irish twins? 

Pukalani79
by Kris on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Mine are 18 months apart, it was hard when they were young, but as they get older it gets much easier

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:49 PM

I don't my sister does. Mine are 5 and 10. Hers are 8, 7 and 5. 

BuckeyezRule
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Mine are 12 1/2 mos apart in age, same height, same eyes and hair color, both skinny. Boy older, girl younger. My ds didn't walk full time until 17 1/2 mos, when dd was 5 mos. lol yes, everyone has thought they were twins since birth. Lol my friend has twins. She thought mine was harder because my older could move. I disagreed. Lol my older could at least wait and kinda understand. :) I love having mine so close! They are best friends, they share friends, they have the same interests at the same time. :)

mine are 8 and 9 now. The 1st few years were the hardest. It gets easier. :) 2 years was what we planned, but, it has worked out great. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)