Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Nasty replies

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:22 PM
  • 22 Replies
4 moms liked this
I must say that some of the replies I see on other ppls posts are quite nasty. It's kinda sad that from a website that was probably set up to help women or to give them an outlet and a source of support from other mothers dealing with some of the same issues. Women do not encourage and empower other women as much anymore. We spend way to much time trying to bring one another down
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Firewoman33
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:25 PM
2 moms liked this

In this group? I've very rarely seen anything rude in this group. I can't think of anyone being nasty. In other groups... It makes you wonder about some people. 

ambertreas76
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:28 PM

I was thinking about this today and was considering posting the same as you!!  I  am not sure what happened to the group as of recently.  I'm not sure if some of the gems from MomConfessions came over to this calm group.  It used to be a very supportive place with people who wouldn't say anything if they didn't have something nice to say.  I shake my head on a daily basis when I read some of the comments on posts in the group.  

isaacsmommy68
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Totally agree. We should be lifting each other up not tearing each other down. It seems like some like to see others fail. I like to help others succeed. People need to "report abuse" when these happen.

supermillerMom
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:41 PM

I totally agree.  I've not necessarily seen them here.  (I'm still fairly new.)  But the whole reason I came here was to get away from the evilness that is The Bump.  Those women are VICIOUS! I've seen a few snappy, snarky responses over on "Mom Confessions" but that's kind of what that group is about.  I think moms and women in general have a problem relating to each other without being judgemental.  It's easier online to be rude because no one knows you and you're not looking them in the eye.  It's a shame. 

JoGibson
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:41 PM

I guess I have missed the abusive replies in here.  There are many groups I stay clear of because of their behavior, they're like cats fighting over territory.  Loud and something you just don't want to listen to all day.

rebeccasmly
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:42 PM
I haven't seen anyone be nasty in this group, other groups, yes. I've also discovered not everyone means to be nasty, they just come across harsher than they intended or don't realize what they said sounds horrible to other people.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:42 PM
2 moms liked this

In my opinion it has a lot to do with the featured posts. They bring people into the group that maybe the group wasn't targeted for (such as mom's that are not in their 30's in this case). I understand they want each group to grow but sometimes too big of a group isn't necessarily a good thing. 

I still try to make it a point not to say anything if I haven't got anything nice to say. 

Shelly126
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:42 PM
It's ridiculous how some people respond to others posts, I have been shocked quite a few times @ the lack of restraint and compassion people show on some of these websites. Crude sarcasm does no good to help people and if you have nothing nice to say just don't say anything! We have all done the eye roll when reading some of the nonsense peole post sometimes but really would you post something snarky just to create drama? I wouldn't!
BuckeyezRule
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Great replies! I read some and wonder why even respond? I guess I sometimes think maybe they are unhappy with their own life and take it out on others. :( even if I wholeheartedly disagree with what someone has posted, I either don't comment, or I politely disagree. You can disagree without being a jerk. :) smiles help. :)

TugBoatMama
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 4:28 PM

I've never had anyone be mean to me in this group, but I've been a CM member on and off since it began, and there has always been a rather large cluster of mean girls around. I know I'm not perfect and I can be a cheeky monkey, but I try not to be out and out mean. I like to think I'm an alright person, and I still have a few that like to be mean to me just for the heck of it. Another mom joined last year with almost the exact same SN as mine. She's awful. Everyone gets us confused since she joined, she knows it and she loves it.  I don't know if I've ever seen her be decent to anyone on here. She's mean for the sake of being mean. Grrrrr. 

But the vibe on CM is the main reason why I rarely make any of my own posts. I love to reply to people but I don't have a thick enough skin to post very much, unless its about something benign, like baking.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)