Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Spinal Headache

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 7:59 PM
  • 12 Replies

Anyone else go through this??  I had my baby on 3/20, had the epidural for labor and they left it in to use for my tubal I had the next day.  The headache, neck and back pain is the worst feeling.  I can barely do anything.  How long is this going to last??

by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:06 PM
Bump! I didn't end up getting an epidural with DS (not by choice, mind you!) I hope you feel better soon!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:16 PM

Thankfully I did not.  I had a spinal with ds (he was a c-section) but nothing with dd.  

My sil still has back pain from the epidural when my 9 year old niece was born :(

NieceS
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Poor mommy.  It can last a few days.  I'm so sorry.

stacy2607
by Stacy on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Yes, im 33 now, but i had it after i had my first baby at 16..it was so bad i had to lay down and not move or sit up at all it hurt so bad... my mom had to take care of my son.. after about a week passed my mom called the dr and set up an apt.. and we were told that the only way to make it go away completly is to have a spinal block.. i went in, they took blood from my hand and injected it into same spot where my epidural was placed..headache started to subside right away and was totally gone a few hrs later.. so, im pretty sure thats the only way to get rid of it..good luck, and im sorry u are going through that, i know how painful it is.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:43 PM

I don't remember going through any of that, but my youngest will be 6 next month. They did the same for me...leaving my epidural in all night to do my tubal the next day. 

I hope you get some relief soon!

isaacsmommy68
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:57 AM

I had it very bad. I had the blood patch done and it worked for about 24 hours. I was flat on my back for 2 weeks! Miserable! I don't ever want another epidural. The worst part was it didn't even work. I felt everything. The cord was around my son's neck tight and the doc had to reach in and pull him out because they cut the cord before he was out (he couldn't come down because the cord was so tight). Then he got stuck on my pubic bone. Thank fully the NICU team was there and he was okay after 23 hrs in NICU, just a little blue. Terrible birth. Great pregnancy though.

macbudsmom
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:58 AM

You need to go back into your doctor. They can do some kind of block to stop this.

CaileighsMom608
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:03 AM

you know now that I think about it i remember getting my epidural but i have NO memory of it coming out....weird

kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:06 AM

I don't remember dealing with any problems with mine.

ambfrk
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Thank you for all the replies.  I plan to call the dr today.   It is slightly better so hopefully that is a good thing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)