Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Pregnancy question; Kind of concerned

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 5:34 PM
  • 13 Replies

Hello!  I'm a 35 year old momma who is pregnant again for the first time in eleven years.  I can't remember much about my first pregnancy so it's like my first time all over again!  I'm four weeks in and have been experiencing some abdominal cramping like I'm expecting my period.  I'm also feeling a decent amount of pressure, like someone is sitting on my abdomen.  The pain comes and goes and is never really severe, though sharp at times.  No spotting or bleeding, just some general mucus discharge.  My doctor just advised resting since that seems to help alleviate the cramps.  Has anyone else exeperienced cramping like this in their pregnancies?  Thanks for the help!  :)

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 5:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ardiaxe
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 5:58 PM

Yes, I did experience this exactly and called my Dr. about it, he said not to worry unless I was bleeding as well.  I remember being about 5 weeks when this happened.  I also felt the pressure, it's normal, I had it with both pregnancies, it's due to increased blood flow.  Good luck!

mushmom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:52 PM
I wouldn't say sharp cramping but some mild cramping, yes. I'm 13 wks now and it's much less frequent.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
supermillerMom
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Could also be a UTI.  I had one a little later in my pregnancy and it felt quite a bit like what you're describing. 

supermillerMom
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this

OH!  And dehydration can cause cramping as well.  Make sure you're drinking plenty of water.  But definitely call your doc. 

hollydaze1974
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:39 PM
I had pain and cramp on my left side, right where your ovary sits. I was just told it was normal. I hated it, but " that's normal" was all I ever heard! ( eleven yrs apart, too!)
Go mama! What gender do you have already? How old?

My boys are almost 14 and almost three (hated being in the third trimester in the devil of summer) and was really ticked when ttc 2 ended up being a freaking summer baby, too! Lol!
hollydaze1974
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Agreed about water water water . Good for baby, good for you! Minimal stretch marks (for one)

Quoting supermillerMom:

OH!  And dehydration can cause cramping as well.  Make sure you're drinking plenty of water.  But definitely call your doc. 

liliem
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:39 PM

Yes, its like your getting your perioud but you don't bleed? I actually bled a little too. As far as I know its totally normal, and it seems your doctor things so too. Watch it though and maybe right it down, how long it lasts and the intensity so you can see if there's a pattern and if its getting worse or going away. That way your doctor can help you more... 

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:54 PM
Good luck! :)
SCin0RtenPI0se
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Thanks everyone!  Yes, my doctor thinks it's normal and they did tell me that if I was miscarrying that there would be at least some blood present.  My daughter will be twelve next week and I honestly cannot remember much, if any, of that pregnancy so I feel like a first timer all over again, hehe.  And of course, being that I did not think I would be able to get pregnant again (Had been trying for so long with no success!) I'm a little nervous about losing the little one.  I guess all I can do is relax and if it gets any worse or I start to bleed I'll head on over to the clinic.  Thanks again for all the great advice and stories of pregnancies past.  :)

oliver92
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 3:00 AM

increased blood flow can cause that, or just ligament pain, your body adjusting to new hormones flowing thru ya, lots of things, no blood, I wouldnt worry. I am 14 weeks and owww some of the lower pain, holy goodness, my dr also said it could be a cyst on ovaries producing hormones. Take care mama

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN