Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Would you...

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:05 PM
  • 16 Replies

send your children to a class covered in dirt? I went to pick up my twin daughters from my exes house so they could go to their reading class this morning. When i looked at them, their clothes, jackets and shoes were covered in dirt. My ex doesnt think this is a big deal and says it should be about how the kids feel, not their apperance. I am sorry, but i Know kids get dirty but when they go out, I do not want them looking like they just rolled in a pig pen. 

by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
breebree04
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:10 PM

I would not take them to a class dirty. My ex is also like this so if we have to go somewhere directly after I pick them up, I always make sure I go alittle early so I can make sure they are clean and look decent.

BlueJane
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:30 PM
I took my 4 yo dd to music class in mismatched clothes and uneven socks because we had a bad day and she picked out the clothes herself. However, they were clean.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lovemybabes3
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:33 PM

this was the first time i had to do this...i was embarrassed, i did take them to the bathroom to clean them up a bit but still, you should want your kids looking clean when they are out

Quoting breebree04:

I would not take them to a class dirty. My ex is also like this so if we have to go somewhere directly after I pick them up, I always make sure I go alittle early so I can make sure they are clean and look decent.

lovemybabes3
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:35 PM

see that wouldnt bother me, he has done that before but its the clean thing that bugs me, i dont want my kids looking like they are dirty...mismatched is fine, my oldest daughter is like me, i never wore the same 2 socks and she doesnt either and i let her go to school like that all the time

Quoting BlueJane:

I took my 4 yo dd to music class in mismatched clothes and uneven socks because we had a bad day and she picked out the clothes herself. However, they were clean.

lovemybabes3
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:44 PM

my bf thinks that i should be concerned and maybe contact dcfs and see if this is an issue...idk if its that drastict but this isnt the first time something has concerned me at his house...i have heard it is very dirty, and from what his other place used to look like, it was disgusting and smelled so bad 

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:52 PM
I wouldn't send my son to class dirty.
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Mar. 27, 2013 at 4:33 PM

No I wouldn't send my kids to class dirty.

lovemybabes3
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:07 PM

funny thing is that he thinks this is acceptable and that it shouldnt matter how they look but how they feel...like seriously, he is messed up if he thinks thats ok

stacy2607
by Stacy on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:39 PM
I dont even take my kids out of the house messy..its
one of my pet peeves..if my child has a.messy face weather its from dirt or food, i at least take a baby wipe and wipe them down.
occumommy
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Yeah i am with you on the clean thing, and the socks, i still rarely ever wear matching socks, neither does my daughter.

Quoting lovemybabes3:

see that wouldnt bother me, he has done that before but its the clean thing that bugs me, i dont want my kids looking like they are dirty...mismatched is fine, my oldest daughter is like me, i never wore the same 2 socks and she doesnt either and i let her go to school like that all the time

Quoting BlueJane:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)