Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's sad that your 6 y/o can spell better than you

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 5:02 PM
  • 15 Replies

I texted my brother about a phone call he received at work .. and this is what I received back from him

"k, b der 2 maro, If she call back"

I know it's just a text and all .. but really!? LOL

CafeMom Tickers

by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 5:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BlueJane
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 5:30 PM
2 moms liked this
Ugh!! I hate that!! It's so hard to read and makes you look so ignorant!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Garnet_Iris11
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 5:35 PM

He and his wife are currently using the same phone - so I know who is who when I get a text. I have even made a comment to him about it - because seriously - it's annoying and please tell me that you don't write things to your children's teachers or to your customers!! LOL

Quoting BlueJane:

Ugh!! I hate that!! It's so hard to read and makes you look so ignorant!!

CafeMom Tickers

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 6:12 PM

My cousin types like that. I've started correcting her on her FB statuses. She's stopped it:)

Garnet_Iris11
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 6:16 PM

rolling on floorLord help me if my brother got a FB account!!!

Quoting countrymomma81:

My cousin types like that. I've started correcting her on her FB statuses. She's stopped it:)

CafeMom Tickers

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Mar. 27, 2013 at 6:40 PM
2 moms liked this

Oh boy texting is ruining our ability to spell :(

WesternNYmom
by Alaina on Mar. 27, 2013 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Ugh. I occasionally will get emails from my parents of my kids' friends that look like that. Sometimes the entire message is abbreviated and it gives me a headache just trying to figure out what it means.  It is pretty bad that my daughter can understand texting lingo.  It drives me crazy.

ali840
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree! I hate the grammar and spelling mistakes everywhere. I mean, it's called punctuation, people!! I'm sorry, but I can't understand what people are saying half the time. Even on this site, there have been times I really want to help people but I'm unsure what they're trying to say! It's really frustrating, don't people read what they type before they post it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annelauer
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 2:53 PM
1 mom liked this

The texting abbreviations do drive me crazy as I don't always understand.  Some people just can't spell though regardless of understanding of this new "language".  The first time we got a card from my mother-in-law I thought it was just a list of random words.  I now can decipher most of it.

Are=our, no=know, In Joy= enjoy, grate=great, thare=there, they're or their, seen=saw, etc.

Punctuation is non-existent and capital and lower case letters are mixed around with no rhyme or reason that I can discern.  The handwriting is huge and messy.  It looks like that of a kindergartner.  

And combining text vernacular and my MIL: Our middle daughter was hospitalized because we thought she had a brain tumor.  She was one and getting an MRI and some other testing after several seizures and severe developmental delay.  My MIL posted to my Facebook wall that she heard our daughter was in the hospital and followed it up with LOL.  I am pretty sure she doesn't know what that means...

celena.vincent
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Ha ha! That's funny. But, I have to say though, my 7 yr old writes better than me. OMG, she's got the nicest handwriting and I feel horrible that I have horrible handwriting!!! She's even told me so... ugh. Lol.

TheBabyFactory4
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 5:02 PM
oh gosh that's annoying
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)