Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Birthday etiquette

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:39 PM
  • 31 Replies
Ok so my son is having a party at Chuck E Cheese he is 6 has a guest list if around 15 at $16 per kid(before cake a goodie bags) is it ok to put on the invite that it is for the named guests only. That if siblings come we might be be able to scratch up some tockens and food but no guaranteed. I feel bad but it will just get too expensive if they siblings all show up
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
770shelia
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Pardon my typos my child is sleeping on me
debmom07
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:55 PM
Yes I would say so.
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:32 PM
3 moms liked this

I understand why you'd want to do that. I don't find it rude. 

That's why we never had parties at places like that because we didn't want to exclude siblings. Not everyone will be able to afford to pay their own way and not everyone will have a babysitter. 

diaperstodating
by Angel on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Yes.
770shelia
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 7:09 AM
We are moving a week after his birthday so we have to do a party away from home my house will be all packed up. Plus it is nice to not have to clean the party up and let someone do the work or figure out how to entertain them inside should it rain
story0702
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 7:20 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't find it rude. Personally I always assume it is only for the named guest anyway. I think you have every right to add it to the invites
cgarlic
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:32 AM
I don't find it rude. If my child was invited to a place I normally wouldn't bring my other children. If I did I would still ask if it was ok & make it clear that I would be paying for my extra child
kjbugsmom1517
by Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:37 AM
Not rude at all. Id expect it to only be for invited guests only. Any way to lower the guest list? 16 seems crazy to me. That would cut costs too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crissy2424
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:41 AM

It does get expensive. Heck, for our DD who had a birthday this month it was tough trying to keep the numbers down without cutting people out and making them feel bad. We had to suck it up, but luckily it was under $200. We did a bowling party, which was fun and the cheapest thing to do besides do it at home,which we did for when she was ages 1-3. I kinda wish she was born in the spring, lol. Then at least we could do her party at a park.

mommybug77
by Crystal on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Not rude
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)