Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Another Easter Update

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:32 AM
  • 9 Replies
My DH and I sat down and had a chat last night and this morning. He believes, like some here, that I should provide my own food since I am gluten free and they are not. I pointed out to him that my vegetarian family bought a $100 prime rib and prepared it for him on Christmas, plus they made a separate batch of garlic mashed potatoes because he likes his made with chicken stock. And I would never tolerate them not asking him to bring his own food. And his is just a food preference, not a medical requirement. He said he would sleep on my points and we would talk in the morning. We just had a talk and came to a compromise. We will attend Easter with his parents for dessert only. The morning will be at home with our kids and dinner will be with my family. I just called them and they are rushing out to buy a ham for Jason. I felt like saying ..... "no, he can bring his own plate." BTW, dessert at his parents will not be anything I can eat so I have to bring my own dessert. They will still be giving our foster the basket we provided, but my family has run out and bought her a ton of things.
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ruby_jewel_04
by Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:35 AM
Your husband and his family sound like jerks. I'm truly sorry. I hope you have a good Easter despite all that crap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:45 AM

You're a better person then I am, I would have cancalled on the inlaws altoghter.  To be honest if my husband acted like that, I would have told him to go to his parents for Easter.  

I am a firm believer if you invite someon over for whatever reason and you are feeding them, part of being a good host is making sure you have food to feed everyone you invited, special diets or not.

Try to have nice Easter despite everything!!!

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:52 AM

I think it's a good compromise but his family are still a bunch off assholes.  

JoGibson
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:55 AM
You give me too much credit, I am still considering elaxing his dinner.
Quoting Briesmom38:

You're a better person then I am, I would have cancalled on the inlaws altoghter.  To be honest if my husband acted like that, I would have told him to go to his parents for Easter.  

I am a firm believer if you invite someon over for whatever reason and you are feeding them, part of being a good host is making sure you have food to feed everyone you invited, special diets or not.

Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:15 AM

sidesplittinglaughter That would be good!!!

Quoting JoGibson:

Quoting Briesmom38:

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

OliviaW.
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:21 AM
I'm glad that you guys figured something out. You're a better person than I cause I would just give the foster child the basket and the inlaws could swivel. I'm a firm believer that unless it's a potluck the host makes sure that there's food that everyone can eat.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JoGibson
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Actually my mother might exlax his food. In the 13 years I have been married I never told her they do not feed me until now. She is livid at my in laws and Jason for allowing it.
Quoting Briesmom38:

sidesplittinglaughter That would be good!!!

Quoting JoGibson:

Quoting Briesmom38:

Firewoman33
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 6:09 PM

It definitely sounds like your families are worlds apart in there level of consideration. 

AuntieMom101
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Well I am glad that a compromise (ummm sorta) was reached. However for DH to allow his mother to treat you like poopoo is a serious problem.
I hope despite everything that is going on that you have a wonderful Easter and enjoy your foster daughter :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)