Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Having surgery and I'm looking for a suggestion or two

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:23 PM
  • 6 Replies

I'm having surgery on Saturday and my hubby has been very supportive through all the doctors appointments, trying other options to avoid surgery (which were miserable for everyone), and now preparing for the operation itself.  I know he got me a 'surgery present', because he's really sweet that way and terrible at keeping secrets (LOL)...and he's taking the next week or two off of work to take care of me.  I really want to get him a small present to just say thank you....and let him know how much I love him.

Does anyone have any great suggestions for such a silly, sappy occasion?

by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
JoGibson
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 2:05 PM

I think it should be something loving, yet humorous.  With so much stress there needs to be humor.

Buy his a crazy pair of undies and tell him he needs to wear them when you are all healed :) Better yet, find a his and hers matched set LOL

12yrmama
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 2:18 PM

One year for Fathers Day I got my dh a new Wii game, the violent type that he can't play around the kids. So I gave it him and a case of beer and said "Good-bye". I gathered all the kids and went to the Zoo for the day. -Giving him the house to himself! That was the real present!

He, and his dad-friends, loved the idea.

ooCherryo0
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Does he like coffee? Maybe a Starbucks gift card. That's my go to when I can't think of anything to give DH.

Red_Kitten
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 4:21 PM

I couldn't agree more on it being something to lighten the situation.  I may have to go shopping after work today and see what kind of fun stuff I can find. :-)

Quoting JoGibson:

I think it should be something loving, yet humorous.  With so much stress there needs to be humor.

Buy his a crazy pair of undies and tell him he needs to wear them when you are all healed :) Better yet, find a his and hers matched set LOL

Red_Kitten
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 4:22 PM

We both love coffee actually, and there happens to be a Starbucks right across from the hospital we'll be at.  Thanks for the idea!

Quoting ooCherryo0:

Does he like coffee? Maybe a Starbucks gift card. That's my go to when I can't think of anything to give DH.

Red_Kitten
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this

He jokes that's the reason he's taking the week off, so he can catch up on game play while I'm sleeping. LOL

Quoting 12yrmama:

One year for Fathers Day I got my dh a new Wii game, the violent type that he can't play around the kids. So I gave it him and a case of beer and said "Good-bye". I gathered all the kids and went to the Zoo for the day. -Giving him the house to himself! That was the real present!

He, and his dad-friends, loved the idea.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN