Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

I'm glad I waited later

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 2:04 PM
  • 7 Replies

I had my son when I was 22.And a daughter that passed when I was 28.Now we getting ready to do it all again,and I feel more patient than I did when I was in my twenties.Small things that kids do like run scream and play doesn't bother me like when I was younger.

by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
JoGibson
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I found I am more patient with little ones now than I was in my 20s too.  Maturity and life experience makes all the difference.

Chocolatediva81
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:36 AM

Yes mam,and I was a single parent then and I found out my son had autism,and I was dealing with so much alone and I had a nervous breakdown before I met my husband.I see things so different now.

Quoting JoGibson:

I found I am more patient with little ones now than I was in my 20s too.  Maturity and life experience makes all the difference.

Knightquester
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 2:05 AM

I feel the same, but I think it's because I have dealt with the kid drama early in my life and I have spent so many years with it that it no longer bothers me.

Maybe my brain has realized that it's not so bad to hear the kid noises and has communicated to my body to be more calm when they occur... whatever it is, I feel more calm and relaxed in my 30's far more so than when I was in my 20's.

TableforSeven
by Judy on Mar. 29, 2013 at 2:33 AM

I'm glad that worked for you. :-)

Personally, I find that I was more patient in my 20s....especially with kids.  I'm ok with my own....but don't feel very patient with other people's small children -- so I'm glad my kids are older and so are their friends.  We had our first child at 19 and our 5th (and final) at 30 -- I definitely handled babies/toddlers better in my 20s.

mommyoffarmkids
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Had my first at 24 and now having my second at 30....I feel much more prepared because if having been through everything this time. But it been much harder on this older body. I hurt and swell way more this time. But once baby boy gets here I don't have to worry about this part anymore he completes our family. I'm 30, hubby is 46, and big brother is 6...no more pregnancies for us.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
breebree04
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 8:15 AM

I agree! Alot of people say and agree with OP but I feel like I was more patient with my kids when I was in my early 20's. I slowly feel like I am losing my patients lol

Quoting TableforSeven:

I'm glad that worked for you. :-)

Personally, I find that I was more patient in my 20s....especially with kids.  I'm ok with my own....but don't feel very patient with other people's small children -- so I'm glad my kids are older and so are their friends.  We had our first child at 19 and our 5th (and final) at 30 -- I definitely handled babies/toddlers better in my 20s.

Crissy2424
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 8:22 AM

I had my DD at 21 and I'm now 25. We are wanting to wait until DD is 6, almost 7 for Baby #2. Where we are living now it is a double-wide so if we were to add another child the house would seem pretty crowded. So we'd move when the next baby turned 2. So we would like our DD to have finished Elementry School here in my town. Then if we have to move out of town she isn't up and leaving in the middle of school, ya know? I mean, if we had an unexpected pregnancy I wouldn't be mad; we'd just have to adjust our plan. I know sometimes it is better to just go for it (if you really want another child) instead of trying to plan it. Anyways, DD is 4 right now so we have 2-3 years before we seriously consider 'going for it' lol. Maybe I'll be even more patient than I am now.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)