Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Found out I was pregnant then got blood clot in brain.

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 5:34 PM
  • 15 Replies

Hi I finally got preggers after 2 years of trying, about 3 days after my first OBGYN appt I went to the ER with a blood clot in my brain, now I am on blood thinners. Anyone have any suggestions of things to do around the house when I am bored, but get tired easily?

by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 5:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Firewoman33
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Start a baby journal, enjoy your last moments of peace with a good book, sew a baby blanket, facial, get pics ordered and into albums

These are the things I would catch up on anyway.

Glad your ok.

natural_s
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 6:17 PM

Congratulations on your pregnancy. Hope you heal soon from the blood clot. Do you like puzzles like word searchers or crossword  because you can always buy the big books in the stores and that will keep you busy and keep your brain going. Reading is also a good one, I don't know if your into religion but devotionals are good because they give you thought provoking questions to do Bible Study. Right now I am doing " Devotional Studies for Women, Women of  The Bible by Ann Spangler & Jean Syswerda."

I like to also sometime play online games like family feud, wheel of fortune. If you like to cook or bake you could use this time to start messing around in the kitchen.

Those are some things that I would do if I wanted to keep myself up for a little bit.

Hope you find something soon to keep you busy while you heal.

AuntieMom101
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:36 AM
I have been a Sahm for 2 yrs and the first 6 months I really hated it (I was used to working 60 hours a week lol). After cleaning house top to bottom ( I HATE housework) I organized cookbooks and recipe cards, organized my silverware drawers, my utility room/pantry. Then I tackled my scrap booking bag and closets. Needless to say Everything is UNorganised again and I don't care lol. I taught myself how to bake and sew. That's right at 37 I can finally make chocolate chip cookies lol. I never knew how to sew but YouTube has how to videos :)
Good luck and congrats on your pregnancy!!!!
Ps. I like the idea of a baby journal that someone else suggested :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Crissy2424
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Reading, sewing, scrap booking, puzzles, ect :) Congrats!

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:01 AM

Congrats on your pregnancy and good luck with the blood clot!

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Mar. 30, 2013 at 2:59 AM
Learn to knit or crochet?
obama._.nation
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:23 AM
I knew a girl who was pregnant, but on bed rest. Her favorite thing to do was an online game called toontown. I know many ppl are like, Omg toontown, really??? A kids game??? Are you serious?? Yes, I am serious. And yes, I know its a kids game. But a huge majority of the community on toontown is adults. I have 6 accounts (each paid account holds 6 toons, every free account only holds one toon). But I share mine with my kids and even my own mom!! Anyways, most of my friends on all my toons are adults. Most older than me, some younger. Except for the trolls in the game, and the pathetic hackers in some districts, its a very relaxing game. It actually helped my friend to get through her pregnancy and now she has a beautiful lil girl, and still plays toontown!
Crissy2424
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:50 AM

That sounds fun! Kinda like Gaia. It was a fun online game; had both kids and adults.

Quoting obama._.nation:

I knew a girl who was pregnant, but on bed rest. Her favorite thing to do was an online game called toontown. I know many ppl are like, Omg toontown, really??? A kids game??? Are you serious?? Yes, I am serious. And yes, I know its a kids game. But a huge majority of the community on toontown is adults. I have 6 accounts (each paid account holds 6 toons, every free account only holds one toon). But I share mine with my kids and even my own mom!! Anyways, most of my friends on all my toons are adults. Most older than me, some younger. Except for the trolls in the game, and the pathetic hackers in some districts, its a very relaxing game. It actually helped my friend to get through her pregnancy and now she has a beautiful lil girl, and still plays toontown!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
obama._.nation
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:55 AM
In my opinion, it is lots of fun!! I always wished to be an animal instead of a human. And in this game, I get to live that dream lol

Quoting Crissy2424:

That sounds fun! Kinda like Gaia. It was a fun online game; had both kids and adults.

Quoting obama._.nation:

Bonneata
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:56 AM
I went on maternity leave at 7 and a half months preggo. I played one of those online MMO game called order and chaos. This game kept boredom at bay for hours. I do short activities like garden, set a timer and clean 30 min., hot bath, I got caught up on my reading. I was so tired at this point more than 30 min of off the couch time ment time for nap. Going from full time to no time is a huge adjustment. Enjoy leisure time and moving at your own pace now while you still can.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)