Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

speechless

Posted by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:52 PM
  • 19 Replies
Dh and I are expecting our first child together but we have four from previous relationships. This is a high risk pregnancy and we both decided not to tell people we know until the fourth month. Just in case of a niscarriage. You ladies are different and the chance of one of ypu telling our parents are slim lol. So he just called me laughing because when his crew at worked asked him what he was doing this weekend he told them he was taking his pregnant wife to see her parents. He then mentioned I should have seen the shock on their faces. Most of his family shops in this store. So much for not saying anything. Thank you for the vent time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JoGibson
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:58 PM
3 moms liked this
I guess he is too excited to be quiet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
belindah
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 8:02 PM
Maybe

Quoting JoGibson:

I guess he is too excited to be quiet
annelauer
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 8:03 PM
Oh, I'm sorry. How far along are you now? Is it close to time to tell?
belindah
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 8:07 PM
Only seven weeks along. Still have sometime.
honeydewmommy
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 8:13 PM
3 moms liked this

I understand, its common that most people dont announce till the 2nd trimester. I bet he was just excited. 

ali840
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:58 PM
1 mom liked this
same thing happened to me with ds2. I told him I wanted to wait to tell everyone because my brothers wife was pregnant with her first, and we had miscarried the previous year. But next time he talked to his dad he spilled the beans and then his dad told my sil (the pregnant one) so here I'm 3 months along and telling everyone and they're like "yeah, we know. Why didn't you tell us sooner?" Still pisses me off to this day! Congrats and good luck, btw. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BlueJane
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this
With my second we told people right away but I still wanted to be the one to tell my work. We live in a fairly small town and everyone is connected somehow. Dh told one person. The bil of one of one the employees. Yikes. Luckily he didn't say anything and I got to break the news myself.
Crissy2424
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:47 PM
1 mom liked this

It seems like he was too excited. Congrats!

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this

My SO was the same way when I was pregnant with our dd.  I wanted to wait to tell people and he went and told everyone right away. Good luck with your pregnancy!

BuckeyezRule
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats! Sorry hubby spilled the beans! I was too excited. Lol I spilled as soon as I found out. The 1st time, everyone was thrilled. The 2nd time, everyone's eyes bugged out. Ds was only 4 mos. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN