Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Need advice

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 7:46 PM
  • 20 Replies
Hi, everyone! My Name is Michelle: I need some advice: My kids came home from their dads today and when they (kids) got all settled back at home today, My son Matthew looked as if someone had cut his hair, I just had his haircut on Friday. So my son tells me that his stepmother ( M) cut his hair. So i called her to ask why she did that? And once again she called my children liars! so now she is saying that my children are not welcome at her and their dads house anymore because they lie on her every time they (kids) come back home! My question is how to i talk to her or deal with her?
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 7:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dabberdoo
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 7:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't deal with her anymore. Call their dad.

On a side note, was the haircut so bad it was worth making tat potentially volatile phone call?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MichelleB08
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Well there was no need for her to cut his hair. and Yes i wanted to see why she did. and I woiuld like to only speak to their dad, but she runs that household and he is not allowed jump with asking her how high!

gsmom9
by Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:03 PM

dont you love these games they play. probably telling her audience that she has to cut the stepkids hair.

Dabberdoo
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:22 PM
3 moms liked this
Then if you want the kids to see their dad, I suggest you don't make her mad. That sucks but if that is your reality, your children's reality, that is what you are going to have to deal with. I don't think the step mom is right but you aren't going to change her, especially if Dad won't stand up to her. I would suggest that you not rock the boat for the sake of the children. They deserve their dad.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
susieQ680
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:22 PM
2 moms liked this

I wouldn't send them back thats just me i do not deal with drama

JoGibson
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Is their any chance at all that they cut their own hair or a friend they don't want in trouble did? They know you don't like the SM so they blamed her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oliver92
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:28 PM

I dont understand the phone call RIGHT AWAY, WHO CUT YOUR HAIR????, then kid says oh uhh sm did and you instantly call to chew her out.  This is the same ole debate sm vs bm. You need to learn to deal with her in a positive manner, and no one wants to be called a liar... why would she lie about that, it dosent make sense... I would say you are both a problem and need to find a way to work together.

Sigmalade
by Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Don't send them back. She called your kid a liar, she didn't say, oh he is mistaken and that is not what happened. Then when the dad calls and wants to say something out the side of his neck, just tell him point blank you don't appreciate his wife calling your kid a lie. I would say sit down and have a civilized talk with her and him but since your kids are not welcomed back at her house, forget it.

ashley9603
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:07 PM

I wouldnt talk with stepmom,just communicate with the father.I dont see why she is all upset about you asking about there haircut,I wouldnt think a child with lie about that....however I would just keep communication with there father to be on the safe side.

MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:14 AM

DONT--deal with your ex-husband/their dad only

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN