Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Easter ............ holy crap

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:01 AM
  • 41 Replies
OMG, Easter was sooooooo bad. My mother ended up sick so she cancelled Easter at her house (she had a nasty stomach flu). So we ended up going to my in laws for the entire day. When I got up that morning my DH announces that since my mother is sick he would like me to make homemade bread for his family. Keep in mind they do not cook for me because I am gluten free, but I have to bake bread for them (which I have to wear gloves and a mask to prepare). He also decided that he needed Easter gifts for his family (yep the family that made us supply Easter gifts for our foster child for them to give to her), so he wanted me to make them both homemade flavored fudges. Rather than fight, I just did it. When we got there he marched the bread and fudge in and announced to his entire family that HE made it. Whatever. As per instructions I made a plate for myself and brought it, then got yelled at for attempting to put it in the fridge until dinner. I was told there was not enough room and I should put my plate on the back porch until dinner. But she did make room for the fudge and bread in the fridge. So we sit down and the kids were told they could take the bird out, they had it out for 1 minute and she was screaming at them to put it back. So the kids go into the back bedroom to play on the computer to avoid any more issues. The entire family sat there and argued over various topics until dinner while I cruised CM on my phone. Dinner rolls around and I go to the porch to retrieve my dinner, then when I go to microwave it I am yelled at by my mother in law. She wants to use the microwave to heat the dog's food so she can eat while the family eats. So the rest of the family is eating and I am now stuck waiting for the dog's food to cook before I can heat my food. Finally I get my food heated and go out to the table. Most of them are half way through their meal. I sit down to eat and my mother in law yells at me because I m going to eat on my plate that does not match her table setting. So I bring my plate back to the kitchen and put my food onto her plates. Now my food is cold again so I microwave it some more. When I get out to the table the rest of the family is pretty much done and leaving the table. So I sit there and eat alone. While I am eating I can see out into the front living room and watch her dog knock over a puzzle. Ten minutes later my mother in law walks through with the baskets for the grand kids and a little bag for our foster kid (they couldn't even provide a basket). So my two bio kids (12 and 11) announce that they want to share with their new sister and promptly split their stuff with her so they all have the same. So our foster was happy. My MIL goes back through the front living room and starts screaming that my kids destroyed the puzzle. I told her I saw the dog do it and she told me she saw my son do it. So I bring the kids in there and we sit down to do the puzzle in the front living room while the rest of the people socialize in the back living room. During that time I hear my mother in law announces that the table and dishes need to be cleaned (normally I end up doing all of this by myself while my MIL, FIL, SIL, and BIL sit in the back living room talking and eating dessert, then I clean dessert). I decided that I am not going to do it this time, so I stayed with the kids doing the puzzle. So my husband comes out and starts to pick up, several times I hear my mother in law scream "sit down Jason, you shouldn't help, you work all week (funny when I worked full time and went to school full time I cleaned alone). So about 15 minutes later my FIL comes stomping through and comes out of the back bedroom with a loaded AK 47 and starts shooting out the back door at squirrels at his bird feeder. At this point I learn that there are loaded weapons that my nephew dropped off at this house under the bed and in the closet of the room my kids were using the computer in and playing in. At this point I have had enough and our foster is terrified so I told Jason that the kids and I are leaving. When we got home that night he told me that to make it up to me this year I get to celebrate mother's day on mother's day instead of the day before (normally I have to celebrate it the day before because mother's day is my MIL's day). AND I get to see my mother on Saturday with the kids while he sees his mother then goes out to a movie with his dad (this is the first time I have ever seen my mother on mother's day weekend in over 10 years). I don't think it is enough, but he claims the day was "not that bad".
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bmw29
by Bobbie on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:05 AM
6 moms liked this

It sounds like you in-laws suck and so does your husband yet YOU put up with that shit. Why? Stand up for yourself and stop being a doormat.

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow that's terrible! I'm sorry you had such a bad Easter :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
divinedimension
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:13 AM
2 moms liked this
He sounds like a mommy's boy. Mother's Day should be for YOU; he can send her flowers and call it a day. Then you allowed him to take the credit for your hard work with the baking and you were basically treated worse than the dog...but you just keep putting up with it. I'd have left that mama's boy a long time ago!
OliviaW.
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this
That is bull! Having you make bread that you're allergic to is a crock. Your dh sounds like a dick, sorry to say. I probably would have made gluten free bread so you could wat it plus bread and fudge don't need to be refrigerated.
offrdngal
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:38 AM

That's it...that is how he is going to "make it up to you"?  F**K HIM!!  I'm sorry Jo, I'm sure you already know my opinion of Jason...and his family.  Why do you subject you and your kids to this kind of treatment?  I wish you could see that you and the kids deserve so much better than that.  (((HUGS)))  I'm sorry that your holiday was so awful.

JoGibson
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:43 AM
1 mom liked this
I am not going to put myself through this any more. The kids and I will not be going back.
Quoting offrdngal:

That's it...that is how he is going to "make it up to you"?  F**K HIM!!  I'm sorry Jo, I'm sure you already know my opinion of Jason...and his family.  Why do you subject you and your kids to this kind of treatment?  I wish you could see that you and the kids deserve so much better than that.  (((HUGS)))  I'm sorry that your holiday was so awful.

CoachyMom
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Time to evaluate your marital situation...meaning leave his ass and his crazy family!
offrdngal
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Good...your life will be much better without that nonsense.

Did Jason even care about the guns?  That could cost you your foster parent license.

Quoting JoGibson:

I am not going to put myself through this any more. The kids and I will not be going back.
Quoting offrdngal:

JoGibson
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:48 AM
That is the only thing in the day he did have an issue with
Quoting offrdngal:

Good...your life will be much better without that nonsense.

Did Jason even care about the guns?  That could cost you your foster parent license.

Quoting JoGibson:

Quoting offrdngal:

HeathersRich
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:51 AM

:( So sorry. That would be the last time i saw mil. My hubby's mom and i had similiar issues. Needless to say I wasn't even at the funeral we paid for. From now on I would go to my family and if dh insisted i would send him alone to his. There is no reason your children and you should be treated like that!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN