Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WORST mom of the year award!

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 6:12 PM
  • 31 Replies

I took my 6 month old baby girl for a walk, and when we got home I (well I thought) put on the breaks and turned to unlock the door and the stroller rolled down the driveway and when I looked it was flipped over and my baby girl was on the gorund. I didn't have her buckled in because we were just going for a walk. I ran over to her and she was crying.. =( I took her inside and looked her over no scratches, nothing. I called the ped and they told me to keep an eye on her. 20 minutes later she was laughing and smiling. I CANT believe I am that mom that did that!!!! Lesson leaned ALWAYS buckle her in even if we are just going for a walk. I feel so incredibly awful and completely ashamed =(

by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 6:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DragonMother10
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 6:16 PM
3 moms liked this
So sorry that happened. That's why I ALWAYS buckle my son. My husband thinks he doesn't need it for a quick walk, but I say it doesn't matter, he needs to be buckled in. Mistakes happen even to the best of moms, don't be too hard on yourself.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ayshren
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 6:31 PM
3 moms liked this
We ALL have made mistakes with out kids..try not to beat yourself up too bad about it. Im glad shes okay!
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Apr. 1, 2013 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this

All moms make mistakes.  Don't be so hard on yourself!

AuntieMom101
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 6:50 PM
1 mom liked this
If I had a penny for every mistake I made with my kids I would be a millionaire!!!
You aren't a bad mom for making a mistake. You would be a bad mom if you NEVER learn from them :)
I'm sorry that it happened and glad your little one is ok. Hugs to both of you :)
bnsellis
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 6:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I can imagine how awful you feel but like the other moms have said, don't beat yourself up to hard. We have all done something we regret. Just live and learn and give your baby girl a big hug. Glad she is ok.
BlueJane
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:30 PM
2 moms liked this

You're not the first (and won't be the last) to do something like this. I forgot to strap in DD (twice) and drove around town with her. She fell down a few stairs among other things. My second DD fell off the bed (twice) and chipped a tooth chewing on her crib. She also fell out of her swing and her bumbo (landed on the kitchen table - luckily I grabbed her before she fell off the table). I'm sure they did a few more things (they are 4.5 and 1). Kids are resilient. They bounce before they break!

Firewoman33
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:43 PM
1 mom liked this

We've all done something. I generally didn't strap the kids in for a walk either. Try to move on, and not beat yourself up. 

Just wait to you see the predicaments she'll get herself into someday. :) That's where all the grey hair generally comes from, IMO. 

JoGibson
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this
I didn't check to make sure tthe folding stroller had locked when unfolding it, put my newborn in it, and it collapsed with her in it. We all have those moments.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kwright83
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:53 AM
Thank you moms! I know more mistakes will happen, and she will get more banks and burses.
Its just the first big one, and I am having a hard time moving on, all I see is the stroller tipped over and my baby girl on the ground. Tomorrow is a new day :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:29 AM
This. Hugs!

Quoting bnsellis:

I can imagine how awful you feel but like the other moms have said, don't beat yourself up to hard. We have all done something we regret. Just live and learn and give your baby girl a big hug. Glad she is ok.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)