Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

ANYBODY ELSE FEEL LIKE THIS?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:34 PM
  • 24 Replies

i am a wife and mother of 3 kids...i work full time and i get stressed out so easy....i feel like i am always unhappy....angry and tired....i have been on antidepressants for awhile, but i feel something else is going on....i am overweight and dont eat the best and i know that has something to do with it....but i just feel so aggravated with my kids all the time. and that all i wanna do is sleep...is this normal??

by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MJP76
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:19 PM

No it's not normal.

Crissy2424
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:57 PM

With three kids, I can see being easily stressed, lol. I think you need a spa day, mama! I would also combine the antidepressants with a counselor for help.

mama.samm.2.3
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:11 PM
It's not normal. But I too am the mother of 3 kids and work full time. I'm not married though. So I understand being easily stressed. But being tired all the time, aggravated with your kids all the time are huge red flags for depression. I know you said you are on antidepressants. But I would also look into counseling for help too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gabrielle1982
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:18 PM

You sound depressed.  Talk to your doctor.

cdaugherty
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Unfortunately it seems to be "normal" for a lot of families. You should change your diet so that you can get off the antidepressants. You would be amazed at what a difference healthy eating can make for you and your family! What you eat can be completely contributing to your mood, and exhaustion. 

I would recommend reading about the Whole30 program through the whole9 website: http://whole9life.com/2012/08/the-whole30-program/

or the 21 day sugar detox from balanced bites: http://balancedbites.com/start-here

luvhugz08
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Not normal but not abnormal with bad diet and a full time job along with 3 kids which is another full time job by itself....new meds will play a big part....make u a dr appointment but while u wait to see doc try eating right and gettin a full 6 to 7 hr sleep and tell him ur research and symptoms....it maybe a chemical imbalance...chin up:)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TNT2
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:14 PM
1 mom liked this

dang!  I didn't know anyone else felt the same way i did..  I was feeling the same way as you.  I recently got put on prozac and that did help with my moods.  I haven;t felt depressed in 3 days.   anyways the pills did help but what helped the most for me is i went to a therapist and he listened.  My husband never has time to  and it really did help me.  Now i don't feel like i am wrong about what i know i should get help with at our home. It gave me back what i feel i was missing and i am making plans to go out with my friends which i gave up but a sista got to have hobbies....  u know....

I hope i helped a littlle

MrsImperfect
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:16 PM
It is normal for me. Ive been like that all my life. I suffer from severe anxiety and depression. Its off and on. If I forget to take vitamins it gets worse. (I dont take antidepressants anymore they caused a huge weight gain)
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:37 PM
Perhaps consult your doctor
snowpeasmom
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Yes I sometimes feel that way and NO it is not normal.

I did a eating cleanse, it made it worst at first but now I feel so much better. Antidepressant made me worst and actually suicidal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RMH Travel~~~Where the Real Magic Happens                         

Planning your perfect trip wheather its your first time or your 100th time, we promise to give you a magical trip.

TOP 10 REASONS TO USE A TRAVEL AGENT blog post

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN