Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

30 and working on kid number 2

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:04 PM
  • 19 Replies
I was 20 when I had my first one now I am having one moreat 30. What to do there is a 13 years different between them?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamaslilpunkin
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Well it is what it is.Can't rewind time to make them closer in age.Yeah its a big gap but so what?You'll get ued to it :)

audreyannasmom
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this

i was 22 with dd#1 and 31 with dd#2. dd#1 will be a great help to you. and having a baby around will teach her how much work a baby is :) its perfect timing for #1. with us #2 tho is used to having a constant play mate and doesn't play alone for long. but thats ok. i love her company.

talk to #1 and tell her about everything truthfully. don't sugar coat pregnancy or the work that comes with children. tell her her new sibling will love her sooooo much!!! it will be amazing. tell her about how tired you'll be untill the baby sleeps thru the night. this was really helpfull to us. she knew before hand that mommy would have a rough time and her sister would take up most of my time for a while, but we reassured her that we still loved her more than anything and she took it all very well. dd#1 has been such a help. she's amazing :)

audreyannasmom
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:15 PM

btw #2 is almost 2 now, dd#1 is 11 and i'm pregnant again, this will be our last. i'm wondering how do i make the two year old understand??? older kids you can talk to. #2 is still a baby herself :)

ashleysmommy123
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:16 PM
2 moms liked this

My gap isn't so big...my first just turned 8 in Jaunary and my second was born this past November.  I wanted another one and the age difference really didn't bother me.  My 8 year old is such a big help and loves her little sister.  There is very little jealousy issues at all.  I was never a fan of having two little ones at once so for me the difference is age was perfect!  I got to give my 1st baby all of my attention and now my second baby will have most of it as well.

Kelly0818
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:42 PM

I know. I had my first at 21 and i just had my second on Jan. 18, 2012 and I'm 35yrs old. That is a big gap and all i could tell is that it's not so bad because my 15yr old helps me out alot.

l4mycountry
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:11 AM
Thanks are y'al lfor y'al comet
BuckeyezRule
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:48 AM

My ds was 12 1/2 MOS when dd was born. You just roll with the punches. ;) for ds, he's only really known life with dd. :)

Quoting audreyannasmom:

btw #2 is almost 2 now, dd#1 is 11 and i'm pregnant again, this will be our last. i'm wondering how do i make the two year old understand??? older kids you can talk to. #2 is still a baby herself :)

graycalico
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:00 AM
I have a thirteen year old and a 19 month old. They love each other sooooo much. I live watching them together.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
diaperstodating
by Angel on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:49 AM

baby dust

Kara242
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Im 13 years older than my youngest brother!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)