Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Celiac Disease

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:53 PM
  • 24 Replies

Has anyone else been diagnosed with this? I want to get tested for it because I match every single symptom they have (except skinn, but 39% are overweight).

I am curious because people with Celiac are suppose to have greater chances of miscarriages. If this is true, I would like to know how everyone else has experienced dealing with it.

Thanks!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Angel on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:21 PM
My family members have it but I don't. I heard that infertility chances are greater. Not sure about miscarriage.
JoGibson
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:24 PM
I have celiac, what do you need to know? It is trrue that there is a higher risk of miscarraige
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsImperfect
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:26 PM
Im being tested for it. I most likely have it. Ive had 3 kids. My cousin also has it but hes a guy. Its a hereditary disease. Control your gluten intake and you should be okay...
gcecelie
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 5:08 PM

What are the diets like? Did it require you to take blood thinners while pregnant?

Quoting JoGibson:

I have celiac, what do you need to know? It is trrue that there is a higher risk of miscarraige

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

robbinsroost
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:45 PM

I have Celiac, but never had problems getting pregnant before my diagnoses. I found out I had it early in my 3rd pregnancy. The diet is not that hard once you get it started, but I would not start it until you have been tested. I have been gluten free for just over 6 years. I developed more problems after my diagnoses, but it is very common to have more than one other disease alnog with Celiac. I was diagnosed with PCOS after not being able to get pregnant. Once I was treated for it I was able to get pregnant. I have not had any problems with miscarrages.

Crissy2424
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:48 PM

I pray you find out soon.

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:02 PM

I don't know much about it at all except it's something about the stomach and you have to eat gluten free food. 

JoGibson
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:16 PM
The diet is rough at first, there is a lot to learn to look for. I never had to take blood thinners

Quoting gcecelie:

What are the diets like? Did it require you to take blood thinners while pregnant?

Quoting JoGibson:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:28 PM
I don't have celiac but I do have a wheat allergy so I'm gluten free. It was really hard at first but I'm getting used to it!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN