Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Hello, i'm new to cafe mom.  I heard this was a good site to talk to other moms.  i am expecting my first in May. We are having a boy and the due date is may 22.  Does anyone have advice for any pain medication when i'm in labor?  I'm debating an epidural.  But i'm just not sure if thats the route i want to go.  I know/think i will need something for the pain. Just not sure what is the best option here.  What is your advice??

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:17 PM
Replies (11-14):
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Your due date is my bday!  Welcome!

It's a personal choice, but I did an epidural.

N.Carter2001
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:29 PM

Welcome. I had epidural with both of my boys. The last time it worked so well I could not even feel the baby. And after the nurse wanted me to go get in the water. I could not walk cause I could not feel my feet or legs. 1 st time it kind of helped but I was pushing forever that it hurt. But he was my 1st. And I was scared.

liliem
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Check out May 2013 Babies - Welcome! I can tell by the pain these BH contractions are giving me that I will most likely get the epidural again. I hate that I need it but for me its really bad. Hopefully I will get a room with a tub, and I will try natural birth again, but if it goes like last time, I will ask for whatever drugs they provide. I was in labor - painful labor- for 12 hours and still at 4 cm before I asked for anything and I was exhausted and couldn't breath through it anymore, and wanted to pass out, and after I was medicated I still didn't have him for 6 more hours, and pitocin, and an oxygen mask. I felt the last few contractions strongly still and felt him come out. I know the meds saved me because I would have passed out from the pain. They say the second one is easier... here's to hoping. Before I let you go though, my cousins wife barely made it to the hospital and had the easiest labor and birth and said right afterwards, "I wish every women in the world could experience this the way I did" meaning completely pain free... 

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Apr. 4, 2013 at 5:21 PM

Welcome to the group.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN