Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

I need ideas

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:27 PM
  • 4 Replies

My husband is turning 40 this year and I want to plan him a party.

Anyone have any ideas to get me started?

Thanks Ladies

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:58 AM
3 moms liked this

* Sit down and gauge what kind of party you want to throw him...theme...size...surprise or not.

* Figure out locations based on what kind of party you want to throw.  Home, restaurant, park, beach, ballpark (my friend is turning 30 and she's having a b-day party at the clubhouse at Citifield at the end of the month).

* Create your guest list

* Invitations and food

Maybe if you center it around something your DH likes or likes to do it would be easy and you can use that as a guide.  Since we love the beach and DH's dad owns a home out by the Hamptons, when DH turned 30 I planned a bbq/clambake out at the house.  I invited his close friends to stay for the weekend and we had a clambake and just hung out and relaxed and did the beach and the bars in the area.  I'm more of a city person, so when I turned 30, DH planned a night out in the city and he invited our friends and cousins and secured a restaurant and afterwards had reserved an area at a lounge for us all to hang out and dance and have a fun time. 

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Great advice! :)

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

* Sit down and gauge what kind of party you want to throw him...theme...size...surprise or not.

* Figure out locations based on what kind of party you want to throw.  Home, restaurant, park, beach, ballpark (my friend is turning 30 and she's having a b-day party at the clubhouse at Citifield at the end of the month).

* Create your guest list

* Invitations and food

Maybe if you center it around something your DH likes or likes to do it would be easy and you can use that as a guide.  Since we love the beach and DH's dad owns a home out by the Hamptons, when DH turned 30 I planned a bbq/clambake out at the house.  I invited his close friends to stay for the weekend and we had a clambake and just hung out and relaxed and did the beach and the bars in the area.  I'm more of a city person, so when I turned 30, DH planned a night out in the city and he invited our friends and cousins and secured a restaurant and afterwards had reserved an area at a lounge for us all to hang out and dance and have a fun time. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Great advcie I am going to use to plan my hubby's thanks

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

* Create your guest list

* Invitations and food

Pukalani79
by Kris on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:30 PM

When my husband turned 40 last year I had a surprise party.  He was expecting something like that, so instead of us leaving and coming home to a party, we stayed at home and our friends met up down the street then came and rang the door and filed in.  It was like a never ending stream of people. He was so surprised!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)