Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

where did i go wrong?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:06 PM
  • 23 Replies
I married almost 3 years ago, to a wonderful man with 3 children, I have 3 children myself..so far this has been our hardest year..we went from always talking to me nagging..kids no longer like their dad an don't want to b around..an I don't think they like me? We just bought a house husband got a new job, an so have I..but his work is threatening him, bc he doesn't make it to work before noon bc he doesn't get out of the bed, he barely does 40 hours..an we had plenty of money an now were completely broke, his ex-wife is taken him bk to court bc she doesn't think he does enough for the kids? I'm trying to b positive, patient an supportive..I said counseling, an he looked at me crazy..we have been before..he thinks its just a rough patch, I think its more? What am I missing, what am I not doing that could help?
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Firewoman33
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:24 PM
3 moms liked this

Wow, that is a lot. New house, new jobs, relatively new marriage, merging families, financial stress...

All you can do is put yourself in the best place you can. It's up to him to if he wants to try and improve the situation. Go to a counselor yourself, it will help strengthen your coping skills and will give you an un-involved party to talk to. 

*hugs* mama

tinsmom3
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Well, blending families is never easy. Just stay positive and keep trying. My husband and I have had the ROCKIEST marriage EVER and we have finally come to a good place. We are even trying for another baby. #4. Keep your chin up....it'll be ok. :)

savingtheworld
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:19 PM
Haha! Yes apparently I do nothing in moderation! Thank u:) I needed to hear something positive

Quoting Firewoman33:

Wow, that is a lot. New house, new jobs, relatively new marriage, merging families, financial stress...

All you can do is put yourself in the best place you can. It's up to him to if he wants to try and improve the situation. Go to a counselor yourself, it will help strengthen your coping skills and will give you an un-involved party to talk to. 

*hugs* mama

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
savingtheworld
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I can't wait to see how all this turns out:) thank u for giving me hope

Quoting tinsmom3:

Well, blending families is never easy. Just stay positive and keep trying. My husband and I have had the ROCKIEST marriage EVER and we have finally come to a good place. We are even trying for another baby. #4. Keep your chin up....it'll be ok. :)

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:01 PM
I agree. Lots of hugs to you!

Quoting Firewoman33:

*hugs* mama

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:14 PM

Oh girl that is a lot! I don't really know what to say other than I hope it gets better. 

KRIZZ25
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:29 PM
not u ..it him..he needs to ask for the help ..u cant make him go get it.
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:51 PM

Hugs!  they say it's hard to deal with more than one life changing event in a year.  You have several!  

WendyRhea
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Be Strong!!  I do not want to offend you by asking this question so if I do I am sorry.  Do you go to Church?  If the answer is yesthen talk to your pastor or someone else in the Church - they might be able to help give you a new form of strength and hope.

If you do not go to Church, then I do think it would be helpful for you to seek personal counseling simply to have someone to talk to who is outside of everything going on around you.

As far as the children, have you talked to the school counselor?  If not, that be good for you and your children.  Your children may also need someone to talk to and then that person can help them talk to you.

I hope this helps a little.  Hugs to you!!

knix03
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:07 AM

I would recommend counseling fo ryou and the children. I am going through the problems of blending a family. There are a lot of changes our children are going through so we have decided to do counseling for the children and in home counseling if needed. Just get help for you and the children if he is not willing to get help for him. Keep your chin up and eat lots of chocolate. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)