Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Is this a wierd gift to give dh for anniversary???

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:48 PM
  • 34 Replies

Dh is in the military. he is at his next assigned duty station right now while the kids and i stayed behind to sell the house and let the kids finish out the school year. Then we will move where he is this summer. The place he's staying right now is very "rinky dink"( for lack of a better word.) That way he can pay a small rent while we are still also paying mortgage here. Anyway, there's no stove. The only thing he has to cook with is a microwave and an electric burner. He don't want me to spend a lot (we are a little tight money wise right now) Theres this website called send a meal.com. its for sending prepared or frozen meals with minimal prep. involved to someone on a special occasion.

I was thinking about sending him bacon wrapped scallops. he loves scallops.

tiramazu cakes (4 individual serving sizes)  which is one of his favorite desserts. and steakhouse chili.(it says serves four but that seems like something that can be reheated night after night so he will have 2-4 nights worth of meals in that one)

its frozen but all he has to do is heat it up in a pot using his burner but is that wierd for an anniversary gift? I figure he hasn't had a really good meal in a little while, thus my reason for sending him this as a gift.It probably won't come in any special pretty packaging so i'm not sure how it will appear on arrival.I need to call them and find out. he'll probably be thinking what the heck,lol or maybe he'll appreciate some good food. What do you think? It does have an option at checkout to send a special gift message.

by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Docgirl2000
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I think its awesome! That'd be something i'd love to get. I say go for it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
belindah
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:02 PM

i think it rocks

lesh1013
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:04 PM
I love the idea too!! That's something he can use now :) I say do it!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:18 PM

If that's what he likes then go for it. It's creative and something he can use. 

laylolilah
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:21 PM
I love this idea :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
liss05
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:35 PM

Sounds like a great idea considering the circumstances. Happy early Anniversary. :)

wingsfan1234
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Quoting liss05:

Sounds like a great idea considering the circumstances. Happy early Anniversary. :)

Mommy to two girls here on earth and one in Heaven watching over us

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:10 PM

Sounds good to me!

Crissy2424
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:16 PM

I say do it! A gift is something from the heart. You obviously love him and believe he needs to eat (duh lol). So I say do it.

CherrieFaeries
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:25 PM

I think that it's sweet. It does sound a little awkward but considering they aren't MRE's persay, I think he'd appreciate them. Send him the message too. Could be cute.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN