Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Motivation:) !!!!!

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:32 PM
  • 25 Replies
I want to start working out what's a good way to motivate yourself and to stick to it please give me ideas mommy's out their :-) thank u ladies
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EmilyG10
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:47 PM

I'm trying to figure that one out myself. With the weather being so nice I do take my little guy out for walks more offen.

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this

yeah I'm clueless in that area too :(

Vilma1979
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:56 PM
That's ok thak u for listening to me it's so hard being over weight

Quoting EmilyG10:

I'm trying to figure that one out myself. With the weather being so nice I do take my little guy out for walks more offen.

Vilma1979
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:57 PM
That's ok but thank u for listening to me :)
ashlet01
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 3:28 PM
2 moms liked this

Group workouts, finding others to workout with you, or having someone you check in with every day, online, phone call or in person.

themomof6boys
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:58 PM
2 moms liked this

Keeping a journal is helpful as you can track your progress and look back at how far you've come. Set small achievable goals for yourself. Don't make your goals to big or too long term. Set a goal to work out for 10 minutes and then celebrate that when you do it. Set another goal to go for a walk 2x week and celebrate that goal. After you get into a good routine, change your goals up a bit. They key is to keep setting achievable goals and don't make yourself wait too long to celebrate your success.

Cheryl

mama.samm.2.3
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:05 PM
1 mom liked this
I set small goals. Like when I lose 10lbs I'll do this for myself. When I lose 20lbs I'll do this. I also checked in everyday with my bestfriend. I also had another friend that would call me and ask me what I did for a work out. And if I hadn't done anything that day. He would come over the next day and we would do 2x as much because I skipped a day. That wasn't my cheat day. I also give myself 1 "cheat" day a week. Now though I have been working out for almost 2yrs I feel off if I don't do something.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrsmumofboys
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:07 PM
1 mom liked this

i'm trying to work that out to it's very cold here in the UK at the moment & all i want to do is either sleep,read or stay warm inside

Numom61507
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:12 PM
2 moms liked this

I invested in a treadmill for my home to reduce the anxiety having to work out in front of other people. 

One of my biggest reasons for working out is because I'm embarrassed for my daughter to be seen with me. She drew me a picture and wrote "I love you Mom" on it. It's hanging on the wall in front of my treadmill. That is my motivation. 

You just have to figure out what's motivating you personally...

rebeccasmly
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:17 PM
I now have a friend and we hold each other accountable. I joined a gym with her. I also signed up for a boot camp. Since I paid the money for it, I'm definitely going to go lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)