Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if your kids are in tee ball

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:03 AM
  • 14 Replies
How many days of the week do they spend on tee ball? Last year the coach dropped practices once games started but this year they've decided to keep Friday night practices. We have 2 games a week so that's 3 days/week for tee ball! Plus we homeschool and our schedule is so chaotic right now!
Mondays- 9-3 workshops at school and meeting with mentor. Workshops were supposed to end last week but they decided to extend them
Tuesdays- 9-12 schoolwork 4:30-5 dd dance
Wednesdays (aka chaos) 9-12 schoolwork, 1-2 playgroup, 5:30-7:30 awana
Thursdays- 9-12 schoolwork, 2 days/month story time if we feel like it
Friday's- 9-12 schoolwork, 2-3 bike riding, 5:30 tee ball practice
Saturdays- tee ball game
Plus a tee ball game either Tuesday or Wednesday depending on the week
But I guess public school kids are in school 6 hours plus do extracurricular. We do 6 hours Mondays, 3 1/2 hours Tuesdays, 6 hours Wednesdays, 3ish hours Thursdays, and 5 hours Fridays. No homework so they have that time free as well.
Oh and we only have 4 more weeks of awana during which we will skip any Wednesday games (2).
Anyways if your kids are in tee ball how many days a week does it involve?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Firewoman33
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:22 AM
He's not signed up but I was just looking at the schedule last night. They only go once a week. Some practice then a game.
audreesmama
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:27 AM
Dd's coach is pretty terrible about it...she sent a text yesterday that said 'just a reminder, practice Friday (tomorrow) at 5.' I texted her back and said today is Friday, so is there practice today or tomorrow? She never responded. We went to the field and there was practice, but only 3 kids showed up!

There is no official schedule or anything. It's incredibly frustrating. We homeschool as well, and trying to work around a schedule that doesn't exist is annoying. Right now, she practices Wednesdays and Fridays at 5 (before most parents even get off work!). The coach said yesterday they have their first real game this week...and they've only had 3 practices!

I'm so frustrated lol.
tnt-manda
by Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:30 AM
My oldest (10) plays baseball, they practice on Thursday nights, they have some games on Thursday, Occasionaly they practice on Sunday (in between church times,but it is not mandatory) and we have games just about every Saturday.

The days a week don't bother me, the times do a little, practice time is from 730-9pm, weekday games start at 815pm and dont end until 10pm (some are out of town too) We homeschool so it is not as big of a deal, bit I can't help but feel bad for those getting a ten yr old to bed so late and then haviing to get up so early in the morning.

AuntieMom101
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:55 AM
This is our first year with Tball but our schedule is on Mondays from 6-7pm and Wed from 7-8pm. When games start we will drop practices. My 8 yr olds practices for BCP baseball is Tues evenings for an hour and Thurs for an hour practices also stop when we start playing other teams. Last year we had a few Saturday morning practices but most parents complained so I dkn't know if coach will have any Sat practices this year.
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Practice on Monday nights and a game on Saturday morning.

HeathersRich
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:51 AM
My 12 year old plays baseball and some days it's insane. We have games 2xs a week. Practice once for 2 hours. We aren't allowed more then 3 days. Our games are either 6-8 (on the field by 5:30) or 8-10 (on the field at 7:30). Logan gets off the bus at 4:20 so there isn't a lot of time for anything if we have the early game. If we have the late game it's hard to get him up in the morning since by the time we get home and he showers it's close to 11. Our schedule changed weekly. He needs the sports but sometimes baseball season is a little rough.
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Yeah our games and practice are 1 1/2 hours but he's 7 years younger!  Thankfully our weekday games all start at 5 so we are done by 6:30.  It's a lot.  I just keep telling myself he needs this and to hang in there.  It will be over the end of May so it's not terribly long.

Quoting HeathersRich:

My 12 year old plays baseball and some days it's insane. We have games 2xs a week. Practice once for 2 hours. We aren't allowed more then 3 days. Our games are either 6-8 (on the field by 5:30) or 8-10 (on the field at 7:30). Logan gets off the bus at 4:20 so there isn't a lot of time for anything if we have the early game. If we have the late game it's hard to get him up in the morning since by the time we get home and he showers it's close to 11. Our schedule changed weekly. He needs the sports but sometimes baseball season is a little rough.

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:38 PM

My 7 y/o son is playing baseball for the first time this year.

Right now he is practicing 2 nights/week~6 to 8pm,  when the weather cooperates. We just got the game schedule and starting on April 20th we have 3 games scheduled/week. The coach said that he is not planning to schedule practice in addition to the game schedule but he may cancel some of them to have practice instead.

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:38 AM

This is him at tee ball today...

sorry they are sideways

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:17 PM

My kids both played t-ball even though they have moved up. 

We had one practice a week until games started then we didn't have any practice at all. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)