Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Anyone a reader? All started with 50 Shades......;-)

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:21 AM
  • 43 Replies

Anyone out there read erotic romance? Looking for some good recommendations. I read ALL THE TIME. Love my little fantasy world. hahaha Nothing like curling up with a good book.

by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:21 AM
I read but not that type of books
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tinsmom3
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:27 AM

What do you read? I looooove to read. I used to read mysteries, murders and that sort.

Leek0101
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:32 AM

Hi there.  I'm new here...anyway, I read the 50 Shades books, actually just the first two because I hated them so much I couldn't bother with the third, and I found out while bitching about them one day that a lot of people LOVE Anne Rice's erotica.  She goes by the pen name Anne Rampling and they are said by many people to be really, really good.  I haven't tried them myself yet but it might be a step in the right direction.  Not sure, obviously, if you're familiar with Goodreads but it's a nice little book website with user reviews, etc.  It could serve as a helpful guide.

tinsmom3
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:36 AM

Hey there....I'm pretty new, too. Anyway, I liked the 50 shades books, but there are DEFINITELY better series out there.

Ndnwife33
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:05 AM

Hello , I also am a book worm and have read the series of 50 shades and loved them! Was sad for it come to a closing . ;( and also a member on goodreads ;) love that site . 

MABmommy
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:11 AM

I got to about chapter 15 and never picked it up again. That's about when my son was born, so I haven't really had a lot of time to read. I think it's time to finish reading it. I agree Goodreads is a great sitte for book recommendations.

graycalico
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:45 AM
I read a lot, but outgrew romances a while ago. They all follow the same basic plot. Lol. I did read the first gray book because of all the hype.
jeweldragons
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 5:43 AM
No. That's not my genre.
Kimberlynn
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:01 AM
Anne Rice has a books series Sleeping Beauty. WOW! : )

Quoting Leek0101:

Hi there.  I'm new here...anyway, I read the 50 Shades books, actually just the first two because I hated them so much I couldn't bother with the third, and I found out while bitching about them one day that a lot of people LOVE Anne Rice's erotica.  She goes by the pen name Anne Rampling and they are said by many people to be really, really good.  I haven't tried them myself yet but it might be a step in the right direction.  Not sure, obviously, if you're familiar with Goodreads but it's a nice little book website with user reviews, etc.  It could serve as a helpful guide.

narumi74
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:12 AM

Hi, I was really not a reader when I was in school but past few years I have gotten to love reading and I married to an serious book nook. My husband reads like close to 150 books a month and one of our favorite quality time that we spend together is when we sit on our chair and read quietly and look up every once in a while to each other and smile. :)

The books that I read are mainly romance and my husband calls it chick books. One of my fav. author is Danielle Steel and I have read couple other books in similar categories.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN