Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

so i learnt the hard way i should never...

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:25 AM
  • 27 Replies

Well, yesterday i decided i would trim my two year olds bangs. Shes got very ligh hair so its hard to see it. But her bangs were covering her eyes. I let them get long since she ussually kept it to the side, but now just wont do that. So after her bath i tried to do a little trim.

She sat there and was like, what are you doing? I take a cut.. ok.. but i cant cut a straight line at all! So i kept trying to fix it. And her bangs kept getting shorter and shorter... and well, i stopped at which point her forehead could be scene. Its still not even straight!

And yesterday, we all went over to meet some of dhs family who just moved back to town......at least it was a friendly topic of conversation! But i learnt my lesson!

Can you cut hair?

by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Roo1234
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:31 AM
1 mom liked this
I cut my husband's hair and both our sons' hair. one if our sons doesn't like it really short so it can be challenging, but I've learned over the years how to manage it. like all things, it takes practice. I have trimmed our daughter's, but since she likes it long and layered I usually take her to a professional once a year
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:36 AM
1 mom liked this

No but my husband is a licensed barber, I leave the cutting to him, lol.

lulu9209479
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes, I'm a licensed cosmetologist
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lionpaw
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:57 AM

Quoting lulu9209479:

Yes, I'm a licensed cosmetologist

I wish i was!!! Her bangs look horrible!!! 

TheMrs407
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:02 AM
1 mom liked this
I can trim just a bit, but I wouldn't do anything major. My grandma use to put a piece of tape across our forehead and then cut below the tape. It kept our hair from moving and made a straight line. :)
Lionpaw
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:11 AM

Quoting TheMrs407:

I can trim just a bit, but I wouldn't do anything major. My grandma use to put a piece of tape across our forehead and then cut below the tape. It kept our hair from moving and made a straight line. :)

I wish i would have known that!!! I should post a pic... i think her baby sister who ha no real hair yet has more hair for bang!!!   

Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:50 AM
2 moms liked this

I used to cut my own bangs. I would cut them with my hair dry & used very sharp sissors.

kidlover2
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this
I used to cut my own hair all the time so simple trims I can handle. I leave the cute, fancy haircuts for the professionals.
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this
I have never and will never cut hair because it wouldn't be pretty. LOL!
Firewoman33
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this
No, I'm awful at it. At most I'll give myself an emergency bang trim. My bangs are point cut so its not a perfectly straight line and my mistakes blend in. * I think*
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN