Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

MY 7 YEAR OLD STILL WETS THE BED!!

Posted by   + Show Post

My second daughter is 7 and will be 8 in july. She has a problem wetting the bed EVERY night! I had to go out and buy a brand new mattress because she has her room smelling like a porta potty! I also got her a plastic covering to protect her mattress. I took her to the dr and they said there is no medical reason she should be doing this. They said they have no answer for it. One dr actually said she is being lazy and wont get it untill she has to because she is wet.... Im beginging to thing he was right. I have stopped her from drinking 3 hours before bed time, and this still isnt working.... Im not sure if Im willing to put her in a 'diaper' when she goes to bed. Im not wanting to belittle her... know what I mean..... Got any good advice on what could be going on... Im desperate at this point!   sad

by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:19 AM
Replies (21-30):
mommabear80
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:29 AM

O wow! I didnt realize that it could be a weak bladder... I dont think an ultrasound can see that... when he did do the ultrasound he said everything was normal... maybe she just can feel the erge to go potty while she is asleep....*thinking*

mommabear80
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:30 AM

WHAT A WONDERFUL IDEA!!!!!  Thanks for that great tip!!!  

you rock

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Me too

Quoting diaperstodating:

Like the poster above me I was a bedwetter until middle school. Try to be patient with her.

~ Hugs ~

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh and my 5 almost 6 year old still wets despite seeing a chiropractor since he was tiny. He's been to a urologist who said they can medicate for that at 8 but it's not an option for him since he's allergic to the medication.
PinkButterfly66
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Have you thought of getting one of those wet alarms?

Do you get her up in the middle of the night (before you go to bed) to go pee?

12yrmama
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't blame her. It 's crazy to think she's doing it on purpose.

It's called having a small bladder. And guess what, its inherited.

Make her go two or three times during the hour before bedtime. Layer on two or three bottom sheets. And get an absorbant sheet protector to place in between. She should be taught how to change it so she can gain some independance. And buy a ton of pjs.

It will work it self out in time. 

12yrmama
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh definitely. My daughter has this problem, she would wet during the day because of this, she's only four. I started her on children's fiber gummies (vitamins at walgreens) two a day. It REALLY helped her.

The trick with constipation is to always do extra fiber so the problem won't come back. It is very common once you've had trouble for it to return, over, and over again. Especially in kids.

Quoting mommabear80:

I will check into that thank you so much.... I hadnt thought of her being constipated!

Dabberdoo
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:08 AM
My 10 year old still wets the bed. I have no suggestions. I hate it so much.
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:16 AM
The taking her before you go to bed might help some. It does for our DS. Have you seen the goodnite mats advertised this month on cafemom? They work nicely to protect the sheets and mattress. It could also build independence because she could change them herself.
linaS.83
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:41 PM

I had same issue my my son he is now 5.5 yo I went top his pediatric and she suggest many solutions like waking him to the bathroom twice at night or there is some kind of alarm that put in their underwear it peeps once it senses fluids but I never used that I just wake him up once a night and I limit the amount of fluid he is taking before bed time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN