Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

I was driving down a busy highway and almost ran over a 1 year old who ran out in front of me.  I stopped and looked around thinking there would be a frantic mom or dad and did not find anyone.  I forgot to bring my cell phone and didn't want the child to be ran over so I brought the child out of the road and waited 30 minutes when no mom or dad came out.  I wasn't thinking and put the child in my sons car seat and ran to the police office where the police took the child.  All I could think about were my children and how even a minute of my children being gone or quiet would send me into a frenzy.  Now, at the time I wasn't thinking about someone thinking I stole the child.  I was thinking about the child getting killed or ran over so I did what I thought was right.  

by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:42 PM
Replies (11-16):
conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:55 PM
I wouldn't knock on doors. But waiting for 30 mins was appropriate. Did the police say you did something wrong?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mysweet1s
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this

What a heart breaking story. Thank heavens you were the one that came upon that poor baby...you were put there for a reason, and did the right thing given the circumstances with the right intentions.   

Knightquester
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:14 PM

You didn't steal a child and if you were on a busy road and almost hit the kid, no parent in sight you did what you had to do, and at least you took him to the authorities right away.

I might have knocked on a door nearby and asked a neighbor for their phone to call the police so that they came and picked up the kid, but that's about all I'd have done differently.  I wouldn't have even wasted my time looking for the kids parents as they should have been around prior to me running their kid over and definitely when I almost did.

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:22 PM
I agree.

Quoting elzmnsf:

I think since you got the baby to safety you did right. Wether pounding on doors, or calling from a cell, or taking the child to the cops.... You got him to safety.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:21 PM

Agree~

Quoting elzmnsf:

I think since you got the baby to safety you did right. Wether pounding on doors, or calling from a cell, or taking the child to the cops.... You got him to safety.

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:21 PM

I'd have probably done what you did. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN