Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

what do you want to be when you grow up??

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:15 PM
  • 32 Replies
Ok just curious, mainly BC I'm having a career crisis.....what do you all wanna be when you grow up??

I've done my job for a zillion yrs.. pharmacy tech in iv room, now I'm ready to move on, but don't know what to.....sigh
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BoyzBliss
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:44 PM

I struggle with this question literally every day, since I was in college- and that was over 10 yrs ago :( I got into marketing because I though that it was so broad I would have a better shot at being able to "choose" something that fit me. But what I realized, was that marketing itself was not right for me. But I waited too long to realize it. Then had two kids and now a very happy stay at home mom. But the question remains and it daunts me still...once the kids are a bit bigger I want to feel good about myself again about making my own money, but want to earn it at a place I'll enjoy or a place where I'm giving back somehow by utilizing my skills. Would be great to know how to do that :(

TableforSeven
by Judy on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this

All I have ever wanted was to be a wife and mother.  I have been a wife for over 21 years and a mother for over 20 years.  I don't ever want to 'change' careers.....except to add grandmother to it! :-)

diaperstodating
by Angel on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Honestly I just want to finish school.
diaperstodating
by Angel on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:19 PM
I work with kids, and I accept the fact that I will probably be in this career field until I retire.
Crissy2424
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:29 PM

Not sure. At least you have a good job. I'm stuck at dunkin donuts :(

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:32 PM
I would be in BIG trouble if I worked there! LOL I get 1, occasionally 2 iced coffees a day but if I were around it all day, forget it! :)

Quoting Crissy2424:

Crissy2424
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:37 PM

I have a 4 year degree. I am not proud of being there, but it is a job.....and btw: drinks and food are free when you work here ;)

Quoting KylesMom409:

I would be in BIG trouble if I worked there! LOL I get 1, occasionally 2 iced coffees a day but if I were around it all day, forget it! :)

Quoting Crissy2424:

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:37 PM
I was a kindergarten teacher for 6 years and before my mom got sick and passed away, she was one as well. I thought teaching would be something I'd want to do for my whole life but unfortunately, with all the politics, testing, and horrible evaluation processes here where I live, I didn't enjoy it anymore. I hated leaving my son to go to a job that I no longer loved. So I didn't work for 5 months and then I got hired by Bank of America in January 2008 as a teller. I love my job and the fact that I leave and don't bring anything home with me like I did when I was teaching. I am now a senior teller and I love being able to go to a job that I truly enjoy. :)
biomom1437
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:38 PM

i wanted to work in the early childhood field or to be a teacher for like 1 st grade.  i tried college but failed at that.  i wish it would have worked out for me.  i'm currently a single parent of a 22 month old and living off SSI payments.

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Well, I am glad you have a job; I have a 4 year degree as well that I'll probably never use again (read my reply) and wow, free food and drinks?! Forget it, I'd be on a caffeine donut high all day. LMAO And I wish you luck in all your future endeavors, wherever they may take you :)

Quoting Crissy2424:

I have a 4 year degree. I am not proud of being there, but it is a job.....and btw: drinks and food are free when you work here ;)

Quoting KylesMom409:

Quoting Crissy2424:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN