Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

I swear next year I am paying for a Program!!!!

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:40 AM
  • 7 Replies
I started a new job in Sept where I no longer work from home. My Hubby didn't want to pay for the kids to go to a program after school or days they have off of school. His Mom changed her work schedule to pick up the kids which is all fine and well but when the kids don't have school for weeks at a time that's where the problem lies. He had his 60 yr old Aunt watch them during Spring Break he asked her to take the kids to the park but she didn't. She took them to the graveyard with her while she visited her Motber. When I found out I was livid they are 10 and 8 and the Aunt cries at the drop of a hat so I'm sure they were uncomfortable. When she did take them to the park the next day they only stayed 5 min because she couldn't handle the wind. Now my kids have 3 days off beginning May and I don't know what to do with them. I DO NOT want his Aunt watching them. My SIL won't watch my kids but will watch her Godson and best friends kids (10 and 1yr old).
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
diaperstodating
by Angel on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:46 AM
You need that program next year. Wow your kids couldn't enjoy their Spring Break. They couldn't even go to the park!
Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:07 AM

that sucks !!  I would have been livid too !!  Sometimes it's better to bite the bullet and take a day care program. 

maybe80
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:19 AM
We take vacation from work during our kiddos spring break. Even a couple days would have been enough.

Get the program next year and take some vaca now... give your kids a spring break! :)
snowangel1979
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:30 AM
LOL. Are you sure they didn't like the graveyard. My children love going and looking at all the stones and everything especially if It's one they haven't been to before. (but maybe my children are weird)

If your not happy with their care, then I would just enroll them in a program next year. Is the program open during school breaks?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuvHugs429
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:02 PM
I'm doing Seasonal work so I only get 3 days off between Sept to May/June. I already used all my time plus 1/2 day. Hubby does have a lot of Vac/sick but already has used more than half since the kids have been very ill this school year. I don't think we will have too much of a choice considering they start year round schooling after next year. I would just take the week off if I had it.

Quoting maybe80:

We take vacation from work during our kiddos spring break. Even a couple days would have been enough.

Get the program next year and take some vaca now... give your kids a spring break! :)
LuvHugs429
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:06 PM
I know they did not enjoy it because the Aunt sat there and cried at the sight and my poor kids did not know what to do. They didn't look around, they weren't allowed to go anywhere I know it had to be awful for them.

Quoting snowangel1979:

LOL. Are you sure they didn't like the graveyard. My children love going and looking at all the stones and everything especially if It's one they haven't been to before. (but maybe my children are weird)

If your not happy with their care, then I would just enroll them in a program next year. Is the program open during school breaks?
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Well that sucks for them! I know my son gets bored just over summer break so I signed him up for the summer program at the YMCA and I'm a SAHM. It's expensive but worth it rather than watchin him get depressed all summer because he has no one to play with. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)