Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

31 year old first time pregnant

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:06 AM
  • 22 Replies
Hi! I'm 31 and pregnant for my first time. I'm about 7 weeks along. Any advice anyone would be willing to share with being pregnant in your 30's versus 20's? Any advice with having morning sickness all day?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 1:26 AM

1) keep to the rule of not telling anyone until you get out of your first trimester

2) No real difference beyond realizing you really are an adult and having less energy than you did when you were in your 20s

3) I had morning sickness pretty much up until the day I delivered both of my GIRLS

Char-Bear
by Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 1:29 AM

I had my first at 20, my second at 35. The biggest difference for me was being more tired. I didn't have morning sickness with either one.

veronicat
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 2:13 AM

I would like you to read this article and get more information about pregnancy 

http://pregnancy.familyeducation.com/tests-and-appointments/finding-a-doctor/35949.html

VintageWife
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 2:16 AM
1 mom liked this
I just turned 32 and I'm pregnant with our 4th. I'm sooooo much more exhausted this time than with the first two and even the third. I had her right before 30.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Beebella
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 2:19 AM
I had my first at 33 and it was the best decision. I finished college and traveled and got to live my life. By the time I had my baby hubby and I were stable financially and emotionally and ready to settle down. Mature parents don't make the same dumb mistakes as younger ones because we have more life experience behind us. Energy isn't a big factor because my sister had her first in her early 20s and was still tired all the time. Enjoy your pregnancy. eat healthy foods and try to exercise. Good luck mama!
sweetr0se
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 2:56 AM

Congrats!! I'm 31 also but had my daughter at 21...soooo no advice because I've never been in your shoes! Wish I would have waited though!

MommyAddie
by Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 4:35 AM
I became a parent through adoption in my 20's to newborn twins, but I had my first pregnancy last year at 33. I felt so incredibly calm, I just knew it was a good time in my life to have a baby. I was so glad I was a little older now and my life is pretty well put together at this age, that all helped me enjoy my pregnancy. Now I'm 34 and pregnant again (so this will be my 4th child) and I'm absolutely exhausted because I have a 9 month old. I could use some of the energy I had in my 20's again!

Congratulations, it's my opinion that this is a great time in life to have a baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleysmommy123
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 1:21 PM
1 mom liked this

When I had my first I was 25 and now I am 33, going on 34 and just had my 2nd.  Pregnancy wise I had morning sickness both times.  I was just as tired both times........however it was easier with the first because I could just nap....this last time I had a 7 year old to take care of!  I agree with waiting to tell people.  But I believe that no matter how old you are.....when I was 24 my 1st pregnancy ended in miscarriage and it was the hardest thing having to explain to those I told that I wasn't pregnant anymore!  I had morning sickness all day with both.....but it was different...my 1st I felt like I would get sick if I ate anything....so I munched on crackers and drank slimfast shakes (figured I would at least get vitamins andsuch from those)...luckily it stopped around 13 weeks and then I ate everything and gained a bunch of weight :)  This last pregnancy my sickness occured if I didn't eat......I had to eat first thing when I woke and keep eating a little bit all day......if my stomach got hungry, that's when I felt sick!  I will say that when it comes to actually taking care of the baby.....I have loads more patience now at 33 then I did at 25......I'm not sure if its age or the fact its my second, but I am much more tolerant of the crying fits then I was at 25. 

Vcoskey
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 1:59 PM
I had my DD when I was 20, and am now 31 and 34+ weeks pregnant.

I've not had any morning sickness at all this time around, but was constantly sick with DD. honestly, I just found foods that I could keep down the longest and that hurt the least coking back up (soft fruit was awesome for me - mangos, bananas, melons). I have much less energy and am exhausted more, but I'm also running a household, a business, and chasing around 2 kids and a hubby. :)

Good luck!
sheri305
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Congrats, and best wishes!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)