Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

sweet drinks for kids

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 1:03 AM
  • 34 Replies

Hi there, what do you say =>

1.sweet drinks on our house!

2.we are natural - water only!

3.i don't mind this - whatever goes as long as they're drinking!

Tamar. 

Sara's Site => Free home school resources both practical and educational

by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 1:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamalusbear
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 1:07 AM

In our house we only serve milk and water, no juice or sugary drinks.  When DS goes over to someone's house and gets a treat we don't make a fuss because its a special occasion.  There was one time when I put my foot down.....my MIL tried to give DS Mountain Dew when he was 13 months old....and I told her this was not okay.

Sj218
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 1:08 AM
I don't keep soda or punch in the house. It's milk, water or orange juice or be thirsty. Occasionally Gatorade...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BuckeyezRule
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 1:13 AM

Holy cow! Mt dew at 13 mos?!?! I'd ask if she lost her mind. LOl

My kids drink water, mostly. We have pop in the fridge, but the kids never drink it. They don't like pop. They love when I add fresh fruit or cucumber to water. :)

Quoting mamalusbear:

In our house we only serve milk and water, no juice or sugary drinks.  When DS goes over to someone's house and gets a treat we don't make a fuss because its a special occasion.  There was one time when I put my foot down.....my MIL tried to give DS Mountain Dew when he was 13 months old....and I told her this was not okay.

TableforSeven
by Judy on Apr. 16, 2013 at 2:07 AM
1 mom liked this

We allow and open sodas and juices on Shabbat only.  The kids are allowed to drink anything that is open until it is gone...then nothing until the next week.  We allow water any time and milk with non-meat meals.

elzmnsf
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 2:12 AM
We drink water mostly. Sometimes we'll have a glass of milk, or a juice. If we happen to eat out, the kids might order a soda or a lemonade. But 99.9% of the time we stick with water. My kids adore water, and hot chamomile tea too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Apr. 16, 2013 at 2:15 AM
We do water, homemade lemonade sweetened with stevia instead of sugar, and fresh veggie juice with a little fruit
Oh and everybody but me drinks tea sometimes.
Meghan6391
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 2:18 AM
My three year old drinks bit of everything. He drinks mainly water but he does get soda, juice and tea as well
graycalico
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 3:21 AM
Mostly keep water in the house. My teenager has soda on occasion. My toddler is on pediasure
pattya925
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 3:52 AM

DS is allowed 4 ounces of fruit juice a day.. he usually has it w. breakfast... He has an occasional caffeine free soda - maybe 1 x/month

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Apr. 16, 2013 at 6:25 AM

We have a variety of drinks in our house~ water, milk, tea, fruit juice and soda are all okay in moderation here. My kids are 19, 10 and 8 beverage options were different when they were younger.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN