Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

If you HATE your job...

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 7:54 PM
  • 18 Replies

... how much does it affect other aspects of your life?

I feel like I am going into a depression. At first I felt productive and I liked my job... would come home feeling energized, fix dinner, help the kids with their homework, throw in a load of laundry. Even my sex life improved! Like I had this confidence I'd been missing after being a SAHM for 7 years.

For too many reasons to mention here, I now realize I made a mistake in choosing this particular job. It is emotionally draining and I do not have the support I was promised by my manager. I was drastically mislead with regard to income. I feel like I work hard enough now and maintain many accounts with little support... I can't imagine increasing my workload and seeing little financial reward for that extra work.

In sum, I hate my job and it is effecting my home life. I could care less about home matters, don't want to have sex, am not happy at work, hate waking up to go to work, we have been eating take out and fast food for dinner because I simply don't want to put in any effort at home anymore after having such a depressing day doing a job that I hate.

I'm not complaining. I am glad to have a job. But I NEED to find a new one. This is crazy. I know not every job will be perfect, but this job in particular is NOT for me. I gave it a good try, but I need to put myself and my family first!

Anyone else feel like this? I wish I could just quit. lol! But we do need the money right now... so it looks like I'll just have to hang on until I am lucky enough to find something new.

A CAMPING WE WILL GO - Do you LOVE to camp? Maybe something you've never done but would like to try? Join us for camping conversation, reviews, tips, recipes, and more!http://www.cafemom.com/group/118687

by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JeremysMom
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 7:59 PM

I don't hate my job, but I do feel a bit burned out on my job right now. I think my main problem is that I have had the flu and I took all the time off I could to get better but I am still not 100% back to normal. It's affecting my work and then in turn my home life. Normally though if I have a bad day or week at work, I don't let it ruin my home life. I live for my free time and do the things that I love! Have you thought about taking a weekend for yourself and relax or do whatever you enjoy doing. Maybe being able to recharge will give you new motivation to where at least you are happy at home.

mumamy
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 8:36 PM

I have always loved whatever job I was in. I have only had 1 job I stuck at that I didnt enjoy (I was actually working 2 jobs....for myself and for someone else) and it was such a negative time at home. 11 months later my husband pointed out that it was time to stop and just work for myself.....while I get nervous about essentially being 'casual' and wondering when the next job will come along I have never been happier.  

Vix920
by Vickie on Apr. 16, 2013 at 10:02 PM

I don't hate my job but I'm really burnt out on my coworkers. I have a good job and if I could tune them out, I would be way more productive. Unfortunately, I work in a call center, so I can't wear my ipod all day like I used to. I try to leave work at work and keep home at home. It's not easy, but I don't like taking my bad mood from work home. I used to and it definitely affected my personal life. DH finally called me out on it one time and I took a step back and realized how I was letting my job control the rest of my life. I thought to myself, I'm not getting paid to think about it right now, so to hell with it. When I'm on the clock, I'm focused on it; when I'm off the clock, I forget about it until I clock in the next day.

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Oh I TOTALLY GET YOU!!!!!!!!  I am going through something similar right now !!  I don't care about my job anymore.   7 years ago I was grossly mislead as well. I took this job with promises of big money and full intention of taking over as my boss was training me for his retirement in 2010 - yeah, that didn't happen. I also wasn't expecting their 20 something daughter to start working for the company and make all the decisions ... I haven't had a pay raise since I've been here - every time I bring it up they tell me I make my own raise with my commissions which we both know is a bunch of crap on a cracker.

In February I was where you are right now, I cried at night, brought the stress at home, was moody with everyone,  I had no more will , came home drained, I even let the bills go; not because I didn't have the money but because I had no will / care to do anything.   I would break into hives on Mondays that's how bad it was.  My doctor wanted to put me on sick leave, but just like you, we need the money and cannot afford one less salary in the house.  I ended up taking 1 week of vacation in March which gave me a bit of releif.  Right now basically I do this to pay the bills - My goal in life ? to win enough money to pay off the house and become a stay at home mom , not have to work this job. And just bring in DH's salary to cover the basic bills

mommymeade
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:52 AM

I felt like this with my last job.  I could have written this post about six months ago.  I struggled through my situation for 11 month and just could not do it anymore.  I literally would cry before going to work.

I found a new job and life is so so much better.  I even took a decent pay cut, but for better hours and a overall better environment it is worth it. 

Jennybenny01
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:00 PM

I HATED my job, well loved the work, but couldn't stand upper management and what they were doing. I had a very long commute and high stress and was doing it for 7 years. I sat down with DH and formulated a plan. In a few years time we paid off all debt and I just quit my job a week ago. I got an at home online part time job now. My family and I are so much happier for it!

Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:02 PM

I felt like that but didn't realize how unhappy I was until I lost my job & took some major time off. Now I can look back at how unhappy I was & how my boss was totally taking advantage of me. It's all a learning experience.

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Bump! Hugs to you and I hope everything turns out better for you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AM-BRAT
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:54 PM
I have.

But I work 3 12's so it was over quick and I would just be thankful for the time I had off and the money to do things with it. I was able to go back to where I belonged once some issues were ironec out.

If you hate hate hate it that's hard.

But it could just be the grind too. Give yourself some slack, but also try to stay focused on your home. Your famy still needs mama and wife. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 5:27 PM

I've felt like that about every job I've had so far which is why I don't work anymore. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)