Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I The Only Working Mom That Can't Find Play Date Groups?

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 2:57 PM
  • 15 Replies
Hi! So happy to find this group! I am a married, working mom of one 4 year old boy and I have a little girl in the oven. Anyone other working moms out there close to St. Charles looking for play dates? It seems all the groups I have found are for stay-at-home moms and I can't swing that schedule. :-( Looking forward to chatting with you all!
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:52 PM
Hi and welcome! I'm in Florida but I hope you find someone in your area. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
qslaqhay
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 6:18 PM
You are not alone! :-/
My baby gets so exited when he sees other kids!
QTMom2302
by Ami on Apr. 17, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Welcome to the group! You're not alone. I had the same problem when DD was younger. Never found any group that wasn't meeting during times I was working. Good luck to you! Hopefully you find one near you!

lhunsicker
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:25 PM

I know the feeling. I suffer from the same thing. But i am not near you. 

libramoon007
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Same here but I am not in your area. All the play dates are during the day. It would be great to have play dates in the evening or even on Sundays. Maybe that is something to think about and start. 

Knightquester
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not sure if there are any groups in your area, but I know that meetup.com offers a lot of mom groups all over the country that often get together at parks and other such places so that both they and their children can socialize.

Also when you take your son to the park and see he's connecting with another child, try to connect with that child's parents.  It will give you the chance for two things, one you get an idea of if the child's parents are sane enough for you to risk having your kid around, and two it gives you a chance to get their information so you can plan other play dates with that child.

Good luck!

MayMommy07
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:46 PM
I agree meetup.com is a great way to find others in your area with the same interests! Good luck!
Venae
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:54 PM

Just curious - if you're working, when would you have play dates?  Weekends?

NananRaysmom
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Not only play dates... but summer activities...the good classes at the gym...all geared toward moms who don't work. It's frustrating.
Firewoman33
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Pfft. I'm a sahm and I can't find any playgroups.
I'm thinking about starting my own meetup group, only it would be truly pitiful if I was the only member. Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)