Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Curious to know....

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:01 AM
  • 36 Replies

How many groups are you a part of on Cafe Mom?  How many groups are you actually "active" in?  By this I mean a regular contributor, regularlay check the page... etc....

by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ChancesMommy07
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:11 AM

I'm in 13 groups and I'm active in all of them but two. When I first joined CM I was in tons of groups but over the years I've whittled it down to just the ones I like the most.

liss05
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:35 AM

35 groups but only active in about 5 of them only because the rest are really quiet.

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:44 AM

I'm in about 25, but I'm only really active in about 5 or 6 groups.

TableforSeven
by Judy on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:06 AM

7 groups.....I'm active in all of them.

irritablekat
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:09 AM

three groups, active in all

MomofHDFandNWF
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:20 AM
1 mom liked this

I have only been on CM for about 6 months... and joined a lot here and there, maybe not "a lot" per se- about 30 or so - over that time.  Just last night I went through and deleted some that I have not even looked at recently; or ones that have gotten to be WAY too much drama.  For a while, it is fun/funny to read; but after a bit, it is just more annoying, KWIM?

Quoting ChancesMommy07:

I'm in 13 groups and I'm active in all of them but two. When I first joined CM I was in tons of groups but over the years I've whittled it down to just the ones I like the most.

MomofHDFandNWF
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:21 AM

In you "professional opinion" what makes some groups more quiet than others?  There were some that I would have expected to quite busy when I joine, but am suprised they are not so...

Quoting liss05:

35 groups but only active in about 5 of them only because the rest are really quiet.

MomofHDFandNWF
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:46 AM

If you aren't active in the other groups, why remain a member of them?  Also, why aren't you more active in the other groups and/or why did you join them in the first place?   

I am trying to decide why I would stay a member of a group I am not going to be a part of.  It seems sort of silly... almost more like being a "lurker" in a group.

Quoting lalasmama2007:

I'm in about 25, but I'm only really active in about 5 or 6 groups.

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Used to have a bunch.  But now am really only active in 2-3.

LexeesMama
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:58 AM

I'm in 39 groups but probably only active in about 4 maybe 5 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN