Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Do you...................

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:32 PM
  • 25 Replies

........wear glasses? How many do you have? Do you have more than one kind? 

I just wear reading glasses. It took MONTHS to get the right prescription cuz I went to stupid Walmart Vision Center first. BIG mistake! Lens Crafters is where it's at! 

by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:35 PM

I have one pair.  I need a new one.  I can't wear contacts, my eyes instantly dry up the whole time I'm wearing them.  It sucks.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

wingsfan1234
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:37 PM

this although I do have perscription for contacts as I can get away with wearing them for a few hours at a time if I want too.. but I have to carry around drops (which is normal for me anyways!)

Quoting jillbailey26:

I have one pair.  I need a new one.  I can't wear contacts, my eyes instantly dry up the whole time I'm wearing them.  It sucks.

Mommy to two girls here on earth and one in Heaven watching over us

AuntieMom101
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:44 PM
Well I am supposed to wear glasses and even have a pair but never wear them lol
I can't wear contacts because I am a wimp about anything coming near my eyes :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pukalani79
by Kris on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Contacts, but I do have a pair of glasses as well

mama.samm.2.3
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:48 PM
I wear contacts. I'm sure if I looked hard enough I could find my glasses lol. But I think I look goofy in glasses lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
graycalico
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Not needed yet. I'm slightly far sided, will probably need reading glasses at some point.
Crissy2424
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:03 PM

This is how I used to be until my eyes started to hurt. I am also a wimp when it comes to things coming near my eyes lol

Quoting AuntieMom101:

Well I am supposed to wear glasses and even have a pair but never wear them lol
I can't wear contacts because I am a wimp about anything coming near my eyes :)

Raeann11
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:12 PM

Yes I wear glasses. I only have one pair. I go to Pearl vision and need to go in again and get a new pair. I let the lady talk me into these ones and I really don't like them. I wish I went with the ones I wanted. They looked just like my other ones I had for 6 years. I just loved them.

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:22 PM
I wear glasses and two pairs, one spare and the others I wear every day for my nearsightedness.
Knightquester
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:43 PM

I've worn glasses my entire life and I wear them every moment I'm awake.  I have no-line bifocals for the reading and the rest is to help me see as normally as possible.

I am extremely picky about where to buy my glasses and what kind.  I don't do Lens Crafters anymore (long story on why).  My last pair of glasses I purchased was through our insurance and they've worked out nicely.  I have a small frame and so I tend to get youth glasses that are made sturdy so I don't have to buy more than one.  The lenses alone for my glasses are around $500, so I don't usually replace my glasses yearly, just when I can afford to, but since I buy durable glasses it tends to work out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN