Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Any tips on daily life?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 1:53 AM
  • 21 Replies

So I need help!! I have a DS16 months and a DS3 years old 
 What are some ways you get life to go more smoothly?  I have figured out a system for the grocery stores where all kids are sitting in a cart, which has really helped me to keep better control. Any tips like that?

by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 1:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BuckeyezRule
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 2:28 AM
1 mom liked this

My kids were ds, 12 1/2 mos older than dd. a surprise, yes. Lol I got out every day. Winter, yes. Lol I went to my moms a lot (my dad was there too) . I had lunch out, went to the grocery store, anything. :) I'm not a great parent. :) I just got by. 

Hubby Mainlygroceries. :) my mom was awesome parenting her grandkids too. :)

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Apr. 19, 2013 at 2:36 AM
A schedule is our friend here but ds needs a schedule or he doesn't do well.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tnt-manda
by Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 2:44 AM
Always have routine, if things are crazy it is always because we are out of routine. (a certain bedtime, time we eat, baths, etc..)

Also put kids to bed a little early and always give yourself some " me time" like a hot shower, warm bath with candles, vegging out in front of the t.v or just sitting on the front porch getting a breath of fresh air and quietness.
Flaca43
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:39 AM
Try to get a schedule. It helps a lot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Agreed. :)

Quoting tnt-manda:

Always have routine, if things are crazy it is always because we are out of routine. (a certain bedtime, time we eat, baths, etc..)

Also put kids to bed a little early and always give yourself some " me time" like a hot shower, warm bath with candles, vegging out in front of the t.v or just sitting on the front porch getting a breath of fresh air and quietness.
connorsmom2009
by Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:02 AM

BUMP!

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Multi-tasking, doing as much as possible while the kids are napping, cook in bulk and freeze or can.  Don't know if these help ... that's what I used to do

SMTCMMoore
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Absolutely need a flexible yes but consistent schedule. If they share a room it helps with bedtime routine. Color organization helps me (ds1 blue, dd1 pink, dd2 purple, ds2 will be green). So if we need 4 blankets or 4 cups or something I try to get it in their color. Decreases fighting.

We have high expectations if behavior but with consistency they meet it. Sharing is crucial here, we take turns or mom takes it for the day.

Grocery shopping you found a system, but we have a similar system with ALL outings. We bring lunch almost everywhere to reduce cost in case we take too long.

Not sure what else
Stephd710
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:13 AM

I have 2 year old twins.  Everything is scheduled.  That way they know what to expect.  They both have to sit in the cart when I shop, its chaos trying to keep them both walking beside me otherwise.  I tried leashes and they freaked out and wanted to hold their own leash so it defeated the purpose. LOL!  They go to bed at the same time every night right after their movie is finished.   They get to pick out one movie when we get home and they watch it while I make dinner and they play, then after dinner, we finish the movie and they know its bedtime. They kow every morning we have to get up and get dressed with no fussing so I can get them to the babysitter and get to work on time.  Just schedule schedule schedule!

Stephd710
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this

I used to do my chores on the weekends when they napped, but now I find myself napping instead! LOL!  Mine have just hit the stage where they will actually sit and watch an entire movie.  I dont like alot of the kids movies so I do cleaning and laundry and stuff during their movie time.  It works!  

Quoting Jinxed8:

Multi-tasking, doing as much as possible while the kids are napping, cook in bulk and freeze or can.  Don't know if these help ... that's what I used to do

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)